Posts by keanex

Pros: Fit, build quality, removable wax filters, low and high-end extension. Cons: Cable is hard to remove, mid-bass can be assertive and soundstage feels a bit cramped. Style: Over-ear moderate insertion IEMs. Tonal Balance: Mid-bass centric Listening Set-Up: Musicbee (Wasapi) -> Oppo HA-1, Sansa Clip+ (Rockboxed), Sansa Clip Zip (Rockboxed) Cost at Time of Review: $600   Reviewing Process The SD-3 have had music played through them for 30 hours in 3 10 hour...
 My experience with IEMs in the price range relevant to this discussion are the LEAR LUF-4b, SD-3 and SD-2. I, overall, enjoyed the SD-2 the most since I found them to be a complete package. I find that their bass is certainly enough for anything I played through them unless you're a basshead. I found the SD-2 to be slightly warm leaning neutral, similar to the HD650 in my quick audition of the HD650. 
Thanks for sharing some thoughts on your initial impressions. I hope to get my hands on an SD-4 once available and compare them to the series. 
 Would you say that the SD4 are more analytical or more musical than the SD2?
I don't feel that the SD-3 offer more separation, the mid-bass seems to take up too much space for that to be the case to my ears. The treble I felt was about on par with the SD-2.
I would love if the SD4 were a natural refinement of the SD2. That would be lovely. 
 I just posted my review of the SD-1s and agree. The SD-2 is worth every penny to upgrade from the SD-1. I feel that the SD-1 is a bit hot on the treble and lacking refinement overall. The SD-2 is a huge improvement in every way. The SD-3 I feel adds some mid-bass presence which doesn't jive with my general listening habits.
  Pros: Incredible fit, build quality, cable quality, removable wax filters Cons: Small selection of tips, sound quality to price performance, cable is difficult to remove Style: Over-ear shallow to medium insertion IEMs Tonal Balance: Bright leaning neutral Listening Set-Up: Sansa Clip+ (Rockboxed), Sansa Clip Zip (Rockboxed), MusicBee (WASAPI) -> Oppo HA-1 Cost At Time of Review: $320 at Otojoy.   Reviewing Process The SD-1s have had music played through them...
 Sorry, I can't answer that.  I know a guy who did the same and said the SE215 sound really poor in comparison. 
 Thanks for reading!  Thanks for sharing your views! I'll agree the sound is a little too thick/rolled off compared to something more quick and bright, but I only feel that way when comparing them to something like the Ad2000.  I would get the money difference. I believe the SD-2 to be the better IEM.