or Connect

Posts by keanex

If I recall correctly the A900x debuted around $200, and a year or so later they moved to the $150-$180 price range with the used market gravitating towards $130-$150.
Just posted my R70x review.
    Pros: Sturdy build, secure/light, clean and balanced sound, accurate and wide soundstage. Cons: The pads aren’t very comfortable. Tonal Balance: Slightly warm leaning neutral Style: Open circumaural Cost at Time of Review: $350   Reviewing Process The R70x have been solely listened to at home through a Schiit Magni 2 Uber/Modi 2 Uber and a Matrix HPA-3u with high-quality FLAC files. I have used these for a mixture of gaming, passive listening, and active...
Never really got past the, imo, wonky presentation of music with the HD650. It seemed too focused on the midbass and mids like a reverse U-shaped signature. I'm probably going to be hung for saying that, but I didn't like them.
I find the HD650 to be too midbass/lower mid (male vocals) forward, while rolling off gently towards each direction otherwise overall leaving me super unsatisfied. The DT880 I briefly heard but they sounded very clinical, but nice, with treble issues. Both had issues, though the DT880 could be EQd out easily while the HD650 I would rather just buy an HD600 and be happier (which is exactly what I did). I plan to do a direct HD600 to R70x comparison but honestly I think I'd...
I have heard the HE500 and the R70x, but not side by side. I don't trust hifiman's customer support or durability so that's primarily what draws me away from them. Sound quality to price ratio is hard to compete with with hifiman, unfortunately they have too many consistency issues for me to take a gamble. Shame cause I loved the HE560. Like LOVED.
Dunno about world famous connoiseur, but I do have an irrational love for their products - for the most part. I think that the R70x has the best wing design they've put out though, when looking at overall fit compatability. I get none of the uneven ear cup pressure of my Ad2000x and W1000x. They clamp securely unlike the A900/A900x. They also have pretty plush pads, unlike the thin Ad2000 ones. I think the R70x will have the least amount of fit problems of all of their...
Built very similarly to the Ad2000 and Ad2000x. Light and sturdy. I see no weak points nor do I have any reason for concern.
Extra pads are far from common though. I can think of maybe 5 off of the top of my head that do come with extra pads. Let's be honest here, Audio Technica doesn't do much to set trends.As for hard cases, a good one costs about $50 for the consumer and goes north from there price wise. Whether you see it or not, that cost is rolled into the cost the consumer pays for the headphones if they come with a hardshell case.For what it's worth though their newest headphone the MSR7...
Allow me to retort:- what sort lf accessories would you even expect with a full-sized headphone? They come with a 1/4 adapter and honestly that's all you need. I don't need a cheap cloth carrying pouch that some full-sized headphones come with, a hard case would be nice for travel, but I imagine that most people who bring their full-sized headphones with them have a Pelican case or similar. There's no need to add unecessarily to the price.- a removable cable is needed, I...