Posts by keanex

Beta testers, but yeah. I won't be reviewing it, but I'm going to share opinions. There are people who will do a much better job at reviewing it than I can.
 Well it's a clean neutral amp. Anyone who is claiming synergy and coloration I would question their opinion on things, it's a not coloring the sound it's just amplifying the signal to your headphones. It's really that simple, and I mean that in the best way possible. You're getting a clean powerful amp with a great responsive screen, excellent build quality and a good amount of input/output selections. If you want to hear how your headphones make each recording sound with...
 Not one bit of hiss with anything I've used it with. 
Just figured I'd share my two cents. I'm not planning on doing a review as I find that others will report back on the HA-1 in better detail, but I love how powerful the HA-1 is as an amplifier. It provides a clean and neutral power for any headphone I've used, including low sensitivity IEMs. There are many inputs and it feels solidly built. There are a multitude of screens available for eye pleasure and the gain is easily toggled between high and low. It's a great...
 Yup. I'm not sure who's spreading the info that the bass is stronger with leather, but I don't find that to be the case at all. My ears feel and hear slightly more bass with the velours, but the differences aren't huge. The charts back this.
 As far as I know they changed the H600 drivers from the HD580 a long time ago. From my understanding the HD600 and HD650 replacement driver are the same thing.
The HD600/HD650 use the same drivers as do a few Grados, but there are definitely sonic differences. 
Musicality is how well a headphone carries the energy of a song, simply melting into the music instead of worrying about the details. The Audio Technica Ad2000 are the most musical headphone I've ever heard, the PM-1 have similar traits. 
 Statements like this really confuse people new to the scene. Maybe you're ears needed 50 hours to get acquainted to the sound but, from memory, no one in the beta, including me, experienced burn-in with either the Beta 1 or Beta 2 and I sure as heck disagree 100% that there is any burn-in with the retail version. It's like one person makes this statement and everyone suddenly needs to search for minute differences every hour.
Mp3 LAME V0, save more space!