or Connect

Posts by keanex

yup! I was happy about that too
Just updated the OP, both units are available through http://matrix-digi-usa.com/
    Pros: Build quality, quickness, musicality, soundstage. Cons: Comfort, lack of removable cable, sub-bass roll off. Tonal Balance: Mild midrange focus Style: Open circumaural headphones Listening Set-Up: Musicbee -> Yulong U200 Cost at Time of Review: Discontinued, used market ranges from $300-$500   Reviewing Process I have had the Ad2000 for a few months and have spent considerable amount of time with them. The Ad2000 are my daily listeners when I’m not...
I had the HD800 but they are now back to their owners hands. I didn't get a chance to play with the HD800 with the HPA-3B but the unit certainly packs enough power it.    The unit should be available soon, I will update as I have more information.
Hey guys, Matrix is releasing the third iteration of the M-Stage as seen here!
Pros: Low output impedance, powerful output power, low heat output, sturdy build, 3 gain settings, clean output Cons: Warm signature Tone: Slightly emphasized lows with natural mids and highs Cost at Time of Review: $420   Reviewing Process I’ve had the HPA-3U for approximately 1 month and have used it primarily with Sennheiser HD600, Audio Technica Ad2000, Audio Zenith PM-x2 and Life Acoustics LIFE IEMS. I have used the HPA-3U for approximately 100 hours total...
I'm going to assume that many of you guys who are familiar with the Matrix M-Stage amplifier are familiar with project86's largely successful and detailed review of the original M-Stage; if you’re not definitely give it a read! Well Matrix Audio is back with the third iteration of the popular M-Stage line which you can read about here!   HPA-3U - $419.95 The M-Stage HPA-3U is an updated singled ended amp with increased power output, a front panel gain switch, and a...
Really fun v-shaped sound. Not deep bass, but really gorgeous and euphoric headphones. Haven't directly compared, but from memory they are more fun/engaging than the amazing A900x.
Geez man, what'd you do to those Ad2000? I was interested as heck seeing you bought them in January but after seeing the damage done...
They are the EP model, warmest sounding of the 3 sextetts, Grado SR80i like. Really enjoyable headphones with pads easily replaced. Definitely a nice buy for $80 even with the badge missing. Whoever buys these will have a solid headphone.