Posts by keanex

Pros: Build feels solid, sound is rather lively, sound quality to price ratio is above average Cons: Mids lack energy & presence, highs come off a tad dull, bass is a bit loose, very long cable Style: Closed circumaural Tonal Balance: Mid-bass emphasized leaning neutral Listening Set-Up: MusicBee -> Oppo HA-1 Cost at Time of Review: MSRP is $130, intro price is $40 through SonicElectronix at time of review.   Reviewing Process The HP3BK have received...
So apparently these are being bundled in with a lot of products on SonicElectronix. They're great IEMs and the current price makes them a pretty darn easy recommendation.
 I may have a pair in a few weeks. If so I'll definitely have a review not too long after. 
If you're considering trades shoot me a PM.
Are you considering trades?
They're $98 new on Amazon in America and Canada.
 Yeah, I don't think that they will get much press here, but I think that they're pretty interesting. As for the DSD and other stuff that's in the headphones, I'm honestly not sure how that interacts when plugged into my HA-1. Today I'm going to try it from my Sansa Clip Zip and see. I think the DAC in it is mostly used in conjunction with the app which allows EQ changing over bluetooth or something. I'm not entirely sure.
 I'm about 30 minutes in so don't take too much from this, but the sound signature seems relatively balanced, perhaps even a bit sub-bass shy without the haptic. With the haptic on it's definitely night and day difference though.
  Full disclosure these were given to me as a review sample. I will also note that I've been a fan of Alpine in my car for a long time.    These just arrived and after a quick photo shoot I've begun to give them some head time! I've only got about 20 minutes use so my comments on sound aren't going to hold much weight but I can comment on the build!   Aesthetically the Alpine's remind me a lot of the Monster DNA Over-Ear, albeit less glossy. The headband itself is...
Re-opened