Posts by NapalmK

Thanks! Yeah I thought about it but the DT990 sound isn't what I'm after and I don't want to spend money on drivers as I'll end up taking a bigger loss. I might do that though and Noxter mod it if it doesn't sell.
Was the Lyr voiced for the LCD2 or HE6 mainly? I love the designs of the amps you guys are putting out. I'll have to see some reviews on how it handles the LCD2 before I pull the trigger but this is very tempting. 
Quote: Thank you that clears things up pretty well. I guess the difference is I've had several "Wow" moments in my journey although it could be argued they were small. For instance the SA5000s were incredibly fast and handled the most complex passages with ease, however, the tonality and treble didn't mesh well with me at all but dang they are jaw-droppingly quick. I've had similar moments with most of the cans I've tried: the D2000s incredibly flat bass response, the...
I have a spare DT990 shell (with case) I'm considering selling. I had to remove the drivers as they developed a rattle shortly after I bought them. I planned on making some Frankenbeyers but it's been sitting in my closet for the last 6 months so I figured someone else may have a use for it. I'll try and get some pictures up when I get back in a couple of hours. Thanks for the interest!   The velour pads are in like new condition. I've replaced several of the plastic...
Mainly the last sentence.
Quote: Nice!   I'm listening to a lot of Deadmau5 and FSOL atm with a good helping of female vocals. They sound incredible on the LCD2.
Quote: I'm 4-4 is that good enough?    I can't wait to see how I'll do in the next few days when I have a better grasp for the matchups.
Quote: Please explain...
Quote: Glad you're enjoying them! I've been considering a grabbing a stat as a compliment for the LCD-2. Nothing too expensive though maybe $400-500 or so. I'm going to have to read up on my options....either that or put it towards some speakers. Any pointers?   I've found myself listening to a lot more female vocals than my main genre (electronic) now. I've also bought/discovered a lot more music since I got the LCD2s so it's a win as far as I'm concerned.
I'd do a search to see what they have gone for recently and price around that.