Posts by sluker

one slip and it $1300 down the drain
The speaker taps would fry anything that is not planar. Even the HO on my 1250 has too much gain for the LCD-2's.
I wish I had the cash, I would snap these up. I may sell some a couple of Magnum builds (4 is too many for one collection) to see what I come up with. Good luck in the mean time.
  My exact experience! But long term, not sure I'll stick widit.... gimme back my BASS!     Can't you just use the bass boost on that sansui?
It is comfy, and makes the headphone a much better fit. I wish Fang would have used models with a smaller head than his to design the HE-6 headband. The pad came off a cheap gaming headphone (I think Altec Lancing) that I used for parts in a Magnum build. I keep looking for the same pad but still no luck. 
Those look like the Lawton pads for Denon's old D series. I am using my original Denon pads from the D7k which I sold to a buddy with the Lawton pads. From what I recall the difference between the pads was that the Lawton pads gave everything more detail but reduced the bass impact. Please let us know if these are a worthy mod (I have tried original leather and fiber, LCD-2 leather, Bayer pleather Hm5 pleather, and these original Denon pads). So far I still find the...
Sounds like you need an LCD-2
I need to sell some gear first but this is probably my next headphone. I am curious if any of you XC owners kept your LCD-2's or LCD-3's after you got these?
PM sent
I have had three vintage receivers all of which drove the LCD-2 and the HE-6 well. In fact the LCD-2 out of the HO on the sx125 sounds amazing.