Posts by sluker

Thanks man, I did this and it does work better. By the way the sub is a Jamo, and it does have line level input (200w), and it also has a volume adjuster. One issue I am having is that the volume (on the LD MKIII) does not have a great deal of range before it gets too loud for my listening space. As a result I really only "feel" the sub kicking in when the volume is high or when there is heavy bass in the music. Is there a way to reduce the gain that the LD MKIII...
LD has pre-amp out and I would split each pre-amp female connector with an RCA splitter.
When hooking up a sub, is it better to split the RCA's at the pre-amp (LD MKIII) or at the source (in this case a v-dac)? Thanks V-DAC >LD MKIII >ADCOM GFA5400---->speakers.
YGPM
OK, I tried the Comply tips. There is no way that these $7 (all in) headphones should sound like this! I would buy another pair in a second.  I now have no use for my E4C's.
I recently got the D5000's as well. So far I do not find these that hard to drive. I have tried them out of the LD MKIII, the Meir Head Five and the ALO Rx. So far I tend to lean towards the Rx although I am going back and forth with the Head Five. I find that the LD MKIII emphasizes the base too much on an already base heavy phone. I may need to play around with the gain on the MK III and try some other tubes (using svetlana drivers). As a side note I am amazed how...
What tips are you guys using with these? I have tried everything except for the Comply tips and nothing sounds as good as the stock tips.  By the way X2 on the "punchy" base.
It works best if you bundle it with some plasticine and hide it in your carry-on. Let us know how it goes.
bump for the WE
YGPM