Posts by sluker

I am sure that Dr. Fang does OK, judging by the size of their booth at CES.But what does that have to do with the price of butter?
Please do tell.
Here is my optimal set up for the HE-6 (source is M8 or the Sony HAP-S1
Next time I see Alex I will be sure to mention it to him.
I am not sure I can explain it to you other than to say that "Driven" and "Driven to full potential" are miles apart.
Exactly like a speaker amplifier.If you were not happy with the LCD-XC out of your iphone, stay away from the HE-6. Anyone who does not believe that these need gobs of power to sound their best has not heard them anywhere near their best. This is a perfect example where measurements don't mean s@%t.Having said that I very much enjoy them from the Hifi-m8, and I own several vintage amps in excess of 100w/ch, but that is an exception.I also own an O2, other than making them...
I thought X was 5? 3.5 was brighter than 4 Grey which have the best midrange and are my favorite. 4 black were inconsistent but were similar to the Grey at their best. X have more bass and less midrange detail. They are all quite similar to each other and the difference can be hard to tell at first.
Really?I guess this is an example of how we hear differently.My LCD-2's sound as good from the M8 as they do out of the SX-1250 or the Sansui AU-717 and those have a great deal more "juice" than the M8.
I like mine with the HE-6 (balanced from an RSA). While not on par with my Pioneer SX-1250, it does admirably well for a portable and I would even say on par with many of the desktop set-ups I have heard at meets. One caveat is that the bass boost is a must.
Sunday Bump