Posts by sluker

"That's really not a good statement about hifiman. I'm pretty sure Sennheiser wouldn't have such variance."   Yeah, but finding an amp that makes them sound "good" (not loud) is much harder. Having said that I do want a set of HD-800 eventually.
Well here is another reason to direct wire them. Although I like the convenience of swapping cables. I wonder what Steve Eddy will charge for direct wire on my Q cable.  Thanks now I am always going to have that in the back of my mind. Sometimes ignorance is bliss. But on that note I will now need to try them with speaker outs on my new Sony HAP-S1, 40 watts/ch should sound pretty good.
Do I risk blowing them up if I wire tap the SX-1250? I haven't tried that since re-cabling them.
OK did it. Offset = .8 L = 39.0 R = 38.7   Does that mean that my HE-6's are 38 ohm? That can't be especially if they are rated at 50 and everyone seems to be at or above that. Could the fact that I re-cabled mine to 4 pin mini xlr have anything to do with it? Is that why I am getting good results with lower wattage amps like the Hi-Fi M8. So many questions and no time to think about it today.
How are you measuring. Can we get detail instructions so that we can replicate.
If you want portable why are you looking at the HE-6?
 I am sure that Dr. Fang does OK, judging by the size of their booth at CES.But what does that have to do with the price of butter?
Please do tell.
Here is my optimal set up for the HE-6 (source is M8 or the Sony HAP-S1
Next time I see Alex I will be sure to mention it to him.