Posts by sluker

I give a vote to the M8. While it's not on par with a "room heater", with bass boost and on high gain it does a surprisingly decent job on most types of music. Plus it's portable.
Got my JH16 re-shelled by InEarz. So far so good trying to see if I need to send back for re-fit.
Can't wait to try one with my JH16's. I am pretty stoked about the DSEE upscaling. If it's anywhere as good as the HAP-S1 (which is awesome) then it should be a hit.
Really enjoying mine (re-shelled by InEarz). Everything they say about them is true, including the fact that they are super sensitive. The M8 and my desktop set-up (Sony HAP-S1) both have a slight background hum. But my ears seem to get used to it fairly quick, after a couple of songs I can't notice it anymore. While the RSA Shadow is a perfect fit.     Has anyone tried the Fiio cables? Slightly microphonic if you move around too much, but for the money they are a...
I have been holding out on getting new closed cans, the decision was down to XC's the Alpha dogs and the Fostex (600's because I didn't really dig the 900's when I heard them last time) One pre-requisite was that they had to play nice with the M8 (not hard to do for any of these cans). No better place to audition closed cans then at a loud meet environment with lots of equipment to try them with, the LA meet last WE was perfect. Guess what, they were all great but for...
pm sent
PM Sent
New Rise against came out today. This is why I love these headphones.
I would add that for the S1 (not ZES) to prevent it from going to sleep set the input mode to external (I use optical) and it should keep it awake indefinitely.