Posts by Sennheiser

Shawnro, Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about your wallet! I've got two possible solutions for you: 1.) You probably saw this coming, but Sennheiser does sell a gamer-focused alternative to the DAC+Amp you mentioned (the FiiO E10k, aka the Olympus 2), which has a headphone output for your headphones, a 3.5mm analog input for a microphone, and a lag-free mic monitoring feature so you can hear yourself. The mic monitoring feature also has three volume settings, and if you get...
Thanks for being a fan, and easy to talk to!I'm interested to see more specifications on the RCS 800 too; it looks like we've at least added in-line remote controls.
It's definitely great to see this enthusiasm! Honestly I've found this thread to be about as active as the HD650 and HD800 threads for comments and posts, which is cool to see (and pass along). For anyone else who was curious about the Sennheiser x Dior Homme collaborations, here is the official page: https://en-us.sennheiser.com/headphones-earphones-dior-edition The Dior Homme IE 800 is in the "Pocket Solution" section, though I can't confirm yet if these different...
Yes, I am the Sennheiser employee for Head-Fi, though I've been around for a long time as as Head-Fi member. Here was my announcement: http://www.head-fi.org/t/841044/sennheiser-meet-greet#post_13373653The only "new" (and I say that in parenthesis on purpose) IE 800 I know about is the recolored one in the Dior Homme collection. Sounds the same, but it has the black and red Dior Homme color scheme, along with top of the line selections among Sennheiser's other audiophile...
Fair question to ask!Right now on the site we just have this (new) cable, the RCS 800:https://en-us.sennheiser.com/rcs-800I'm not certain if it's longer than the stock cable though, I'll have to ask others in the company. I totally understand wanting long enough cables! Some other possible thoughts, do you perhaps have a belt-clip pouch for your Mojo, that would help it be slightly closer towards your ears? Or have you tried any extension cables or other 3.5mm...
Replacement Sennheiser eartips (Silicone, no foam) for the IE 800 can be found here:https://en-us.sennheiser.com/accessories--earpads---ie-800You can also scroll down to the very bottom of the page and change countries if needed.Definitely worth mentioning!Playing around with different tips and even tip combinations is recommended, and the payoff in comfort and sound is worth it even if the means are surprising.
Glad to hear the battery life is working well for you!Being that these PXC 550 are a Bluetooth model, they have a matched amp in the signal path, and the volume controls on the headset will still work when connected with an analog wire (3.5mm). You tried exactly what I was going to suggest when I started catching up on this thread, good thinking!What kind of instruments do you play? What kind of listening environment do you have (do you need isolation for microphones, or...
I cannot confirm off the top of my head if the Momentum 2/HD-1 over ear wireless supports AAC off the top of my head (the wireless In Ear definitely does), I'll look into it, ask the engineers. Side note, apparently the current generation of MacBooks actually does support Apt-X output over bluetooth, so if you have that Apple model you should still get very high quality wireless.
Have you tried using the Sennheiser CapTune app? It lets you source music from your phone's native music app and also Tidal (including your playlists and offline music), lets you set an EQ by frequency band or a parabolic EQ, and also has a cool "A/B EQ comparison" feature where various EQ's are played and you pick which comparative EQ "wins." There's also presets for various Sennheiser headphones, such as the Momentum wired.One of the other cool parts of the app is the EQ...
Yes, thanks for pointing out the definition!My bad too, I wasn't sure what you were referring to at first! To be fair, I don't usually say or hear "laudable" in daily conversion, I probably would have heard it the other way too.Headphone Surround Processing and the HD800 are a match made in heaven, DEFINITELY recommend experiencing it! Expect Sennheiser to continue pursue this area too!