Posts by TheGame21x

Got a pair from the Amazon sale before they shot back up to $200 within days of ordering mine. Enjoying them quite a bit so far. I pretty much bought them just for gaming but jeez, they might just become my go-to everything headphone.
Denon AH-D400: Bought these for $80 when they were on sale through Newegg. They're not bad for the price but I later bought the UE 6000s from Daily Steals on impulse ($40 for a refurbished pair that looks practically brand new. Score!) and I never use them anymore.   UE 4000: Ditto.   Xbox One Stereo headset: Again, not too bad, got a refurbished pair with the chat adapter (what I really wanted) for $40 but now I have a set of Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pros which are just...
 Speaking for myself, I don't hate Beats headphones, at least not because they have the Beats logo on them, anyway. Personally, I don't like this particular advertisement but I don't take offense with the headphones themselves. I'd never recommend them to anyone who wants a good pair of headphones because the price is way too high for what you get, in my opinion. They're not inherently bad, but you can have better (if less stylish) for much less.
Well it's a good thing the O2 + ODAC isn't a low end Amp/DAC. It's got a low end price tag and high tier performance.
Well, I won't comment on the expert opinions but I will say that I went ahead and bought the D400s as I couldn't resist giving them a shot at the price and so far I think they were $80 well spent. Now, if I'd paid $200+ or *shivers* retail for these, I'd be quite disappointed as they don't sound good enough to justify that kind of investment but for $80? They sound great. I read the headphone.com critique calling the bass overwhelming and the mids and highs dull and...
Agreed. It was my first significant headphone purchase and, for a long time, I convinced myself they were good. And then I heard good headphones.
 JDS Labs Objective 2 + ODAC would be right up your alley. It's the amp I use with my HD600s and I absolutely love this combo.
Sorry to revive an old thread but I was thinking about buying a pair of the AH-D400s from Newegg since one of their marketplace sellers has them on sale for $80 through the 17th of May. I know these have received some mediocre reviews for the original price but would they be worth it at this new price? I'm something of a basshead, by the way, if that helps.
Very interested in seeing or, rather, hearing how these perform.