Posts by TheGame21x

I came across the amp while trolling around Monoprice the other day. Looks like a rebranded Fiio E09K without the dock and an E07K, E10 or E17 DAC built in. I'm intrigued, but I've already got an O2 which is my workhorse and I don't need to be spending another $100 on an amp.
Frankly, I'd just EQ some more bass in. I know that's not an option in every case but I've found the HE-400 is extremely responsive to EQ. I don't use it much because the HE-400 is extremely satisfying in the bass department already.
The O2, to my ears, is neither bright, nor boring. It's transparent. It sounds like whatever headphone you plug into it, eg. if you plug in HD 600s, the O2 sounds like the HD 600s. If you find the O2 boring, either you just want a colored sound or you should get new headphones.
The O2+ODAC probably sounds very similar, though I haven't heard the DAC2 to confirm that for myself. Eh, that's not very good to go on. Just because a DAC/Amp has those chips doesn't mean they're implemented nearly as well as the same chips in the DAC2.
 Oh snap, plot twist! Thanks for the comparison!
Received my hybrid and velour pads today. Haven't had the chance to A-B them but I really like the feel of the hybrid pads. I don't know if the sound has changed, but I certainly don't think it's gotten any worse.
Yeah...I was scratching my head at that one too. Out of my O2 + ODAC, the HE-400's bass is anything but plastic.
So...I got my HE-400s in last week.   Favorite headphone. Without question. My HD 600s are great for when I want to relax to some jazz or classical but for everything else, the HE-400s are going on my head. Love these things.