Posts by TheGame21x

Do you have any pictures of what a completed ODA would look like?
 Soldering is what worries me. Every time I've picked up a hot soldering iron, I keep worrying i'm going to burn myself. I'm thinking of trying to assemble my own O2 at some point, after a little practice. Maybe on a CMoy or something like that. And, mod board? Oh I can tell. Just looking at the O2 is worrying enough given my newbie status as it pertains to soldering.  Oh I know I don't need one but the variable gain settings and bass boost circuit (what can I say? I'm a...
...I want one.   Ugh. I wish I was more handy with electrical engineering.
Same. I've recabled a couple of KSC75s but that's about as adventurous as I'm willing to get right now. Besides, I'm always too worried I'm going to burn myself with the soldering iron. I am interested in how these sound though. I like Sennheiser's portable headphones and the HD 600 (never heard the PX 100 though) but I've always been wary of the Grado sound. I've never heard a Grado headphone before but I think, based on what I've read about their sound, I'd hate them...
There's nothing wrong with you. Assuming the file came from the same master, no one can reliably tell the difference between 16 and 24 bit files.   So what's the point?   Well, in consumer level audio, there is none. It's only useful in the studio where producers need the additional headroom and data in the mastering process.   I sometimes keep 24/96 files on my PC since I've got about 2TB of bulk storage in there but most of the time, I just downsample and convert...
Subbed.   I'm intrigued, to say the least.
If you already have the combo and don't need RCA output or want it in a more convenient spot or something along those lines, I would imagine not. I'm glad I found that out though. Just saved myself some money.
So, had a learning experience regarding the O2 + ODAC last night.   For the longest time, I've been thinking of buying another ODAC to drive other headphone amplifiers because I bought the combo with the ODAC built in, thinking there was no way to output to another amplifier.   Come to find out last night after reading up on the combo at the JDS Labs website that the front line in jack performs double duty and works as a line in from an external source or a line out...
So I've got the MC5 in as a review unit and I'm comparing it to the E100 I got as a cart filler on Amazon and oh boy. I didn't know earbuds could sound this good. Quick impressions of the sounds of each.   E100: Open, airy with surprisingly strong and taut bass. A bit v-shaped in presentation with a fairly wide soundstage. Mids are thin but detailed and the high end is prominent and sparkly.   MC5: One word that immediately popped into my head as I listened to them for...
Yeah! Someone should definitely do that!