Posts by TheGame21x

I ended up caving and buying a Vali 2 recently and it finally arrived at my doorstep this evening. I've had it set up for about an hour now and music going for about 20 minutes and I'm in love. I immediately rolled in an Electro Harmonix 6922 tube I had lying around from an old Bravo V3 and this combo is fantastic with the Schiit Modi Multibit and my HD 650s. Obviously, I'm firmly entrenched in the "honeymoon phase" with the Vali 2 but I don't think my enthusiasm will soon...
I use the Modi Multibit with the JDS Labs Element and iFi iCAN Micro with my Purplehearts and I've been pleased with both pairings. I mainly use the iCAN when I'm looking to crank the bass and satisfy my inner basshead.
I haven't listened to the DACport through any of my amps purely as a DAC, as its power output is enough for the headphones I use with it. Apparently turning the volume all they way up is equivalent to a line-level output so I'll have to give it a try soon. Subjective listening impressions between the Mimby/Element and DACport by itself favor the Mimby/Element combo. The Mimby is quite transparent and resolving as a DAC where I would characterize the DACport as a bit...
Well, I guess that settles it. I'm good with my Dacport Slim for now. I didn't notice that it has a particularly high noise floor but I haven't yet tried it with any of the sensitive BA IEMs I own. The Schiit Fulla 2 is appealing because of its easier connection to iDevices and Android devices with a battery pack. To get the same result with the DACport, I have to throw a non-powered USB hub into the mix and connect the battery pack and my iPhone through that. Nothing...
Any Fulla 2 owners have any experience with the CEntrance DACport HD? Someone please convince me that I don't need yet another portable DAC/Amp combo for my laptop. 
 Yeah, the cable is...an encumbrance. I like how rugged it is but I keep worrying about rolling over it with my desk chair, as I do the majority of my music listening at my desk. 
Submitting the KEF M200 for consideration. I jumped on it for $69 and this thing is capable of some serious bass. I connected it to my iFi iCan, flipped on the XBass setting and dialed in some BBE Mach3 Bass through a DSP, started playing a song from my "Bass Bangers" playlist and for a second, my eyes crossed involuntarily. The only other headphone that's done that was the SZ2K. It hits hard, with a tactile rumble that you can feel. 
    Vince Staples - Limos (ft. Teyana Taylor)
I don't need another pair of headphones...I don't need another pair of headphones...I already have the CAL! and I don't need another pair of headphones!    *sigh*   I think I'm going to have to drop the $75...