Posts by TheGame21x

8GB Sansa Fuze ($40) - 32GB Transcend Class 10 MicroSD card ($20) - Fiio L6 ($10 I think, it's been years since I bought it) - Topping NX1 ($38) - NuForce rubber band ($1) Dasetn MC5 ($16) or Baldoor Earbell E100 ($16)   One heck of a portable office rig? Priceless.
As a big fan of dark n' bassy headphones, I couldn't help myself when I saw Velodyne had refurbs on sale for $80. Mine will be here on Wednesday and I look forward to trying them out.   That reminds me, I should probably get around to trying a pair of LCD 2s.
If you're planning to use the C5D as a DAC to replace your E10, you should know that it doesn't have a line out feature so you can't use it with your EF2A, unless you're just willing to fudge it and use the headphone out, but I wouldn't recommend it. As a DAC/amp for a phone, or if you just want to use it as your all in one DAC/amp with yout laptop, the C5D is amazing. I'd highly recommend it for that purpose. It doesn't have a lot of driving power but the HE-400 is a...
I'll throw my hat into the ring.   Headphones: HiFiMan HE-400, Sennheiser HD-600, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro   Amps/DACs - JDS Labs O2 + ODAC, iFi iCAN, Bravo Audio V3, JDS Labs C5   Sources - PC with Hi-Res FLAC, AAC and ALAC, Toshiba SD-3960 CD transport   Portable Players - HiFiMan HM-700, iPhone 5S, iPod Classic 6th Generation 120GB through Pure i-20 DAC   I have a ton of great music (somewhere around 200GB all total) to test these cans with and my recent...
I wish I'd done that back when I ordered mine. Took forever to arrive from the ebay seller.
60GB iPod Video 5G - Fiio L3 - JDS Labs C5 - Baldoor Earbell E100
Ditto. I think my Fuze is going to be permanently rubberbanded to the NX1. They're the perfect size for one another and the combo sounds great to my ears.
I'm considering getting a soldering kit (IE the soldering iron itself, helping hands, some solder) and thinking about buying a cheap DIY kit. Something basic like a CMoy board that won't put me out too much money if I end up screwing it up.
Got one of these in today after about two weeks of waiting! I think this is going to go to work with me alongside my Sansa Fuze.
It should be noted that the clipping can be eliminated by lowering the system volume about 9 - 12 decibels, which, if you're using the ODAC in 24 bit mode, won't cause you to lose any bits of resolution.