Posts by TheGame21x

Well, the price of the Layla is absolutely ludicrous but the Angie intrigues me. I've been interested in getting a custom but never felt like going through the process of getting them fitted and waiting all those weeks for them to be made and the possibility of having to get them refitted if my audiologist messed up the original fit and...ugh.   Angie being universal eliminates that potential headache.    But yeesh, that Layla price. It's just so unbelievably bonkers.
Well, I can't say I'm not intrigued. Don't know if it could replace my O2 + ODAC but it might make a decent complement, all things considered.
I can vouch for LMUE's warranty service. They took excellent care of me when my VSONIC GR07 BE suffered a short in the right earphone 1 month out of warranty. Replaced it for me at no charge, no questions asked. Very, very happy with them in that regard.
They really are. I listened to them last night after a long hiatus in which I simply wasn't listening to IEMs unless I was reviewing them or at work and man, they're one of the few IEMs to get sub bass just right. It's got a lovely texture and impact across the low end that I just love about them.  The sibilance is almost a deal breaker. Almost. It's at that point where it can be bothersome with the wrong material but is otherwise not bad. At least for me. 
 Sadly, no they aren't. But then again, very few IEMs I've heard are better than my GR07 BE, if that's any consolation. 
I got a pair of RE-300h earphones in the mail the other day and...I noticed something strange when I listened to them for the first time. Something I'd never heard in a HiFiMan earphone before.   BASS.   Holy crap these things have one heck of a low end. I mean, it's not huge or even "big" by my standards but the sub bass presence and detail is just...great. I'm listening to Run the Jewels 2 and, geez. Loving the bass so far.   The rest of the sound is great so far...
 Well that's the problem. Sometimes, belief can stand in the way of truth, impeding progress toward acceptance and action taken to correct it. Case in point, what you mentioned about climate change.  I believe in burn in because (as you said) there's science behind it. It's been shown that headphones and speakers can sound different before and after burn in. I have yet to see even the tiniest bit of evidence supporting the (sometimes) radical changes people claim to hear...
 Big improvement from those in my view, having heard the two. 
Well, I can't speak for anyone else doing reviews but I write what I hear and I don't believe in cable magic.    That said, I do believe in burn-in, but only in exceedingly rare circumstances. One example (the only one I can remember, actually) was for the V-Sonic GR07 BE, which mellowed out a bit in the high end over the course of a number of weeks and went from occasionally piercing to merely bright. Subtle, of course. Maybe I just got used to it. I don't know for...
 I know, that's what I meant when I said it isn't meant to be worn over the ear.