Posts by Zeo

Quote: Originally Posted by Alec E It's becoming clear that "I know what I know" and other tautologies are all that's forthcoming from the burn-in advocates. I would have expected better on Head-Fi. Not that I'm a "tautologies lover", but sometimes, it's just like stats : I take the normal distrbution and remove the extrems. My traduction is : most of IE8 users experience a shift (major or not) in sound distribution over time. My...
Quote: Originally Posted by dweaver Zeo I see you found the appropriate thread to proselytize . It was not my point. My point was : how to promote an IEM by saying : - It is going to take 50 hours to get the sound quality of a PFE (3 time less expensive IEM) - Then 500 to 800 hrs to get the max quality - Some experienced a burn out after 1000 hrs It is a complete nonsense. The synthese of the post would be : you will pay 350$ for IEM you...
Well, I don't want to be rude, but it is what I call "ears awakening". It is simply that you not used to have this kind of harmonics through your IEM. It takes time to fully appreciate. I had the same when I switched from ES3x.
Quote: Originally Posted by ilney That is what I've been told. Still, if I was to shoot for that kind of sound, I would've ordered the JH13-Pro PS: It would be interesting if someone can compare the EM2-pro with the JH13-pro. 2 vs 6!!! EM2 vs JH is quite simple : I owned both (ES2 and ES3x as well) EM2 is for some "earsonic fans" the best IEM available on the market. Well it is difficult to describe, but, the difference is clearly the high...
Quote: Originally Posted by shigzeo But, the EM3Pro is pretty damn amazing. EM2Pro is as good, some prefer the EM2Pro because of a greater neutrality and cleaner bass.
That's not about believing or not. 50 hours is the average time needed to "educate" a ear. That's why the "first" impression has to be considered carefully : you cannot judge an IE8 if you are a Q-jay user, listening music 10 hours a day on MP3 256, and expect to understand and acknowledge the difference with IE8 using flac. You will for sure notice a difference, but the more you'll use it the more you will get used to it. It is all about hear education, some are...
Quote: Originally Posted by prodigy_techus Psychological changes notwithstanding, burn-in phenomenon is a common technique in hardware engineering circles, you'd know that if you dealt with engines or high performance motors etc - basicall any electromechanical/mechanical dynamic system It is not the first time someone told me about dynamic system, it is just not possible. Probably it might change, but the order of magnitude is not...
No it takes 600 to 800 hours to your ear to get used to your IEM. Bur in is a complete myth.
UM2 has short high, short mid, and a very poor soundstage, but good dynamic and very clean basses. UM3x are quite different since they have defined highs and mids, but still a clear and net bass, and they have a really wider soundstage. The UM2 for me is a "M" sound : high lack of definition, medium high are present but very short and not that detailled, low medium are weak, and low are powerfull. That make a sexy sound for most listener, but if you really like details...
Well I believe that it is a myth. It the bur in requirement was true, I think that sennheiser would do the burn in in the fabrication process. Who would be silly enough to selle a product with "oh btw, you need a 500H bur in to use it properly!". the IE 8 Burn in issue is a psychological issue : they are not neutral, dynamic, with a strong coloration. No doubt ears need to adapt to a "new sound", and this take time. Everytime I change my IEM it tooks me around...