Posts by Br777

i'm using the same prescription pill bottle i kept my customs in.  Just remove the cable.
 it's hard to say.  the linum plug is so minimal already, but the whole thing is just slightly too big to fit.  It may fit right in if you ground off the lip that sticks out of the port for the other cable, but that's probably not a good idea. Just a reference.  Even then It may just barely fit, or not.  I guess it comes down to how precisely you could shave down the linum plug.  Even if you shaved it down to fit, you don't know how well it will stay in. hope that helped...
regarding a desktop amp/dac  I use the objective 02 amp and dac and they are perfect.  It's also a cheap setup that can drive all but the most extreme headphones, and has also been tested as more or less the best rig you can get, though there are people who will surely argue that on these forums.     I don't know enough about the impedance of other portable players, but I can tell you that the clip zip will not require an amp.  Technically speaking it's a perfect match...
    or not...
In my limited use with the cypher cable, I would have to agree that the volume in general was too loud, and that the jumps in volume from one button press to the next were way too much.  It would be great if that was something they could update in the firmware, app or whatever.  Maybe even make it user adjustable.  While we're at it throw in a parametric eq ;-)    Regarding the finicky comfort of the over earhooks, making the hook section flexible would probably solve...
  They don't isolate at all.  The only isolation you get is from the volume of the music overpowering low background noises.   I work from home in a mostly quiet environment and most of the noise i may hear is very intermittent, and is important for me to hear, like my dog barking or the phone ringing.  If I've got them on and go  jump in the car for example, the noise of the car, or being on the road is too much to make for a quality listening environment.    I have a...
I've posted about this in more detail a few different times...   here's the most current. Preamp: -8 dBFilter 1: ON LS Fc 100 Hz Gain 7 dBFilter 2: ON PK Fc 1000 Hz Gain -6 dB Q .9Filter 3: ON PK Fc 4000 Hz Gain 5.5 dB Q .1 As i've mentioned i've basically got this sounding (to my ears obviously) as natural and balanced as possible with regards to all the instruments, voices etc. sounding like they should. Raising or lowering the gain on any of these three settings will...
Since people are asking about cables... I have a linum cable for my customs, and it does not fit in the isine port.  the plugs are just a bit too thick to fit into the isine's ridged slot.  I'm sure the plugs on the cable could be easily sanded down or something, and then it would fit.   I'm not going to bother as I have actually come to like the stock cable.   Few weeks in owning the 20's. Still in love with these headphones with my eq settings.  Still only using the...
 it could be your phone.  did you clean the lightning port?
I keep playing with my analogue cable settings for the 20's   Preamp: -8 dB Filter 1: ON LS Fc 100 Hz Gain 7 dB Filter 2: ON PK Fc 1000 Hz Gain -6 dB Q .9 Filter 3: ON PK Fc 4000 Hz Gain 5.5 dB Q .1   I like these settings. they basically get rid of the extremely honky mids (like they are in a coffee can), and crank the bass, rest of the mids and highs to make them spakle - darn close to the cypher settings if you added some bass. I'm finding at this point i'm still...