Posts by shabta

If you are enjoying it so much that they sound amazing to you, then take a break. The biggest effect on sound quality is the headphone (assuming your amp provides enough voltage swing and power). On head-fi, when we talk about dacs, because we have to use words to underline differences, the differences are often sound greater than they are. But sometimes, once you have heard a difference, you can't go back and then the previous sound is almost unbearable :). Just relax and...
+1 Actually, it's definitely on my list of a headphone to check out...
The HP50s sound really good. But because they are not open backed, the soundstage is a little closed in and not as airy as most open backs. But, you will probably have to pay more than what the NAD costs for better sound. They NADs are definitely on the warm side, slightly darker than neutral, but a very smooth and pleasant sound. The other thing to consider is that many people don't like the fit of the NADs and some complain that they creak. For me, while they are...
Anyone try installing a USB board into  the gungnir? How hard is it?
I had both and sold my QC15. I am mostly going from memory now, but I found the QC15 treble more harsh, the bass was more boomy and not as deep. The QC25 while cut from the same cloth as the QC15 just sounded more refined, so I sold the QC15. I wouldn't say night and day difference, but it seemed pretty obvious. I tried it on every kind of music, acoustic through rock and IDM. Plus as Zimmy68 says the much lower hiss, better NC and ability to use without batteries are all...
For some reason every time you post on this subject you say something different... I thought your current position was DAC + AMP = Nano better and DAC only=  Micro better. Now its Bit-Perfect Micro is best? 
 The reason for why there are very few r2r chips made these days has to do with economies of scale. Most of the dacs sold in the world are in cell phones. For that, you need a really cheap and small solution. The audio industry sells very few stand alone DACs. And even then most of them are in the sub $400 range. As many people in this thread have pointed out the parts cost in most audio gear is a small fraction of the retail price. Multibit DAC chips meet the market need...
 You seem hell-bent on proving the point that you don't understand the difference between bashing a technical solution and insulting someone (notice how your resorted to name calling in the quote above). Those two are not equivalent. Some people who like Planars think and post how Dynamic headphones are inferior based on the technology employed, that is totally ok. However, It is a false equivalency between someone calling out DS designs as inherently flawed one the one...
What you are saying flies in the face of what everyone else has said and my own limited experience. Maybe it is because I have always listened in "dirty USB power" power setups, but the micro sounded better to me. I now have a iPurifier and it makes the nano sound a little bit better...
 You are saying that the Nano as a DAC and AMP always sounds better? As I stated before, that is not possible as a blanket statement.