Posts by TrumpOrMonkey

I got the Philips SHE3580, I will test them when I get them and input to this thread what I think :) Thanks for the suggestions dsnuts! It's nice to see someone trying something new and breathing fresh life into a hobby that gets a bit same old same old with choice.
Thanks idvsego, I decided to leave out the HTF890's, I figured that since both the HTF890's and Samson SR850's have both been compared to an AD700 here, perhaps the difference between them isn't enough to justify spending that much. I did however end up getting the HTF600's and the Philips SHE3580. I will leave some input here once I get them; I'm not as big of an audiophile as some, but I'll try to give an indication if these have a good sound or not :)  
I'm just about to order some HTF600's (At a good price) However on amazon I can't get a good price on the HTF890's as a lot of the vendors won't ship to my Australian address. There is one that will however, but the headphones themselves cost $55 from this vendor, then add $25 shipping or so.  At that price it negates a lot of the value to be had I guess; I'll say that I already have a pair of Samson SR850's, and I listen to a lot of Hip Hop, EDM, Drum and Bass and...
I'll add to what sari0n said, and say it is probably best to get a seperate microphone. Most headsets skimp badly on quality, so make your own!   So, perhaps get a standalone mic, and a good headphone recommended here. Get two little velcro strips, put one on the mic and one on the side of the headphone. Then stick it on and hook them up accordingly.   If not you could always have a mic that sits on the table infront of you and a good headphone.   *EDIT: I...
You won't be able to hear it well and that is a given if it is 20k in lower frequency response, if it is cheap it might be worth playing around with. But I'm sure if you feel any energy or realness coming into your music that you hadn't heard before. It would just be placebo. Considering it does playback at what it is rated to. Problem is, you'll be lucky to find very much music with notable frequency above 20K.   Just don't go to the park with it or a dog might be...
My sister bought a Sansa Clip + after recommendation from me. I decided I'll listen to it with my RE0's. It sounded warm, maybe a bit veiled. But I can't clearly remember, didn't play with the EQ at all. It wasn't rockboxed. I'm comparing this against my iPhone 2G 16GB, the same recording that I used with the Sansa (except encoded at the same bitrate in FLAC form) that I heard sounded less warm, and wasn't as veiled, the highs sparkled more. I don't think the...
Can anyone confirm if the Onkyo ND-S1 works with the Ipod Video 5.5g?
The Rat by The Walkmen on AKG K701's
    Yeah I think the same way about the Matrix Mini I, in a way that nobody has dared to compare the Benchmark DAC1 or similar units to it, yet they have with the Yulong.   However, on the other side, there was one guy who sold his Bel Canto DAC3 because he liked the Matrix better (I can't believe something like that!)  
  It's just my DAC2 only has one output, which is RCA. Which would mean I'd have to get an RCA (unbalanced) to a balanced cable to hook up to the nanopatch, and that I'd have to switch everytime I decide to listen to speakers.   My Bel Canto far exceeds my standard in audio, I don't think I would be dissapointed in a Balanced DAC under $500 even if it was a little bit worse in soundquality, I'm listening to the speakers with a 3.5mm jack to two 3.5 balanced trs jacks....