Posts by TLN

I wanted some feeback on those units. And I got a question about optical input/SPDIF. I will have the soundcard in my workstation, Realtek® ALC1150, which is something pretty basic. Another question is headphone AMP. I don't feel like I want another separate box for headphones.
 You can see many others in same category:Emotiva TA-100ELAC Element.Sony UDA-1NAD 3020.PS Audio Sprout Personally, I'm leaning towards NAD D3020: it's small, it have all the features I need. Same for Sony UDA-1. Both can be found for relatively cheap money.Second is PS Audio Sprout. It might have better quality. ELAC and Emotiva are relatively new amps. Emotiva looks very very good, especially with all the features.
Since it will be connected to my PC 24/7 I can stream to PC, which is pretty much the same. I've listed all the devices that hits all the boxes: amp, headphone amp and dac. If you look the other way: how does USB connection compares to optical? Any advantages/disadvantages? I can buy network receiver and plug my PC via optical cable. Does it makes any sense with USB connection? Pioneer recently released Sx-n30 receiver which is 85W amp, network receiver and it have...
Hello.   Looking forward to update my setup. Currently I have Audinst MX-1 USB DAC, JBL LSR 305 Speakers, and AKG K271 Studio phones. I was missing hifi sounds, cause speakers and phones are studio monitors. Recently I've pulled a trigger on nice DALI Zensor 1 speakers. I know some will recommend Zensor 3 or going with floorstanding model, but think this will be fine for now. DALI's are same 5" woofer as my LSR305, but slightly smaller. That gonna save me some space on...
That's a good question. Also quite interested how K7xx compares to K701. I've really enjoyed K701, at recent meet, so:DT880 vs K712 vs K7xx vs X2Anyone?
Just FYI. I've got a pair of JBL LSR305 and they sound amazing. I'm using it with Audinst MX-1 DAC, with RCA-TRS cable. You will need a different cable (3.5 jack to TRS) but the rest is the same.
Hi all.   Looking to upgrade my current setup and add speakers. Currently I'm have Audinst MX-1 as source. In order to connect speakers I need to buy an amp or get active. I'm looking into buying AIO solution. I know, this probably have it's limitations, but I'm probably OK with that: I live in small studio, and I don't wanna interrupt neighbors. OTOH, I'd like to have a good headphone output, and I'm looking to upgrade my phones after that.   So I'm looking for...
Finnally found this thread to post some photos.   First of all I wanna say thank you to all the guys who make this happen, this is first event of that kind I've ever been to and I really enjoyed it. Wish I came earlier to the meet and be able to listen more carefully to headphones and take more photos, but this was enough to make some ideas about my setup and future upgrades. I thought mine is competitive, until I go back hope and was able to listen once...
Guys, just a dumb question: do I need to bring my own source, or I can bring dac/phones only?  Not that sub $200 dac or phones will get lots of attention, but just curious.
Never been to that kinds of meets before. If there's any place for a guy with Audinst MX-1, AKG K271, UE 6000?