or Connect

Posts by Beninnzorjp

Would you say that the XBA-A3 sound better out of the ZX100 than the Z5?
Has anyone got the muc-m12sm2 upgrade cable? I have the older muc-m12sm1 cable and was wondering if the new upgraded design (smaller connectors) is better with the XBA-A3/Z5?
Has anyone got the muc-m12sm2 upgrade cable? I have the older muc-m12sm1 cable and was wondering if the new upgraded design (smaller connectors) is better with the XBA-A3?
Thank you for your feedback. I was able to try their cables yesterday. I tried the premium one ($99) and was surprised how thin the cable was compared to the similarly priced official upgrade cable from Sony. I assumed you usually pay alot for the Sony name, but I have to say for what other options I saw available at that price range, the Sony cable is superb quality and gives a nice improvement to the sound over the stock cable. I will stick with it, but will just have to...
Has any had any experience with these Japanese iem cables? I am in Japan at the moment and was looking for another cable for my XBA-A3. I already have the Sony muc-m12sm1 upgrade cable, but was looking for another one for day to day use as I don't want to cause too much wear and tear on the current nylon cable.
I've asked about this before, but I'm still not clear about it - I am testing some SACD rips on my ZX100. For best quality, is it better to leave them as .dsf? (I understand the player converts to PCM). Does the players conversion of the dsf files give the best output, or is converting them to wav or flac better instead of the player doing the conversion? I am sure that the dsf sounds better, also I feel that wav files sound better than Flac, but I'm sure I'll be told...
It might be something to do with the 3.5mm jack, as for mobile devices you get earphones with a mic which adds another level to the plug and input - I've sometimes had problems with regular iems with mobile devices.
Did you sort your problem out? I am going to Japan and was looking at the Nobunaga labs cables for my Sony XBA-A3 (mmcx). Can you please tell me if they are good cables, did you notice an improvement over the stock cable?
Welcome to the club - I have a Sandisk 200GB, I have heard 256GB cards work but are quite a bit more $$
Definitely - I notice improvements in clarity and detail when I re-ripped my CDs to flac (Sony XBA-A3 + MUC-M12SM1 upgrade cable)