Posts by TheWuss

Just joined the club. took delivery of the LCD-XC from Headroom. so far, i must say that i prefer the way the XC images over even the LCD-3. closed headphones just "do it for me."  the bass presence, the way they pressurize the ears. the way the edges of the soundstage have more palpability.     so, i may have a new favorite...   need to start the neck exercises now...  
So, sennheiser, you're saying the connectors on the hd800 cable cost $60 more. Okay. We believe you.
That would certainly be a nice cosmetic match.     and the Parasound stuff is straight-up amazing for the money.   but, the Esoteric was a bit more full-featured, and i found one for a killer deal.   i couldn't pass it up. Stereophile class A rated.  and 6 Moons' Blue moon award winner.  etc. etc.   the ability to plug in two decks, and switch between. plus the front-panel on-the-fly switching of load impedance was a plus.   my Chinook has the dip switches on...
The Esoteric is here.     It is one of the most detailed audio components i have ever heard.    
I ordered one of these bad boys today. the analog rig will hopefully take a nice step forward soon....  
can't wait to hear them, Michael... ; )
this looks like a real winner from Shure.  and i'll probably pick up a pair of these...   I am somewhat a fanboy, and really appreciate Shures for what they do well --  a respectably grain-free sound for the dollar, and really superb stereo imaging. the SRH1840 are really comfortable cans. So, it stands to reason these 1540 will be quite comfy.   I know these won't play in the same league as the TH900 or W3000x or LCD-XC, but I think they will surprise some...
  it's not every day that a truck brings two large crates to your house... but today, 560 pounds of goodness somehow made it into my house, up my stairs, and into my listening room...     the natural cherry finish goes nicely with the décor.  the wife approval factor? ...well, they are gi-normous.     spooky green LED lets you glimpse the crossover mechanism...     not overly enamoured with the "titanium encrusted midrange driver."  it...
^ what CD transport is that?  
  I mean, does it really hurt the stylus that much to sit in the lock-out groove for a few seconds while you get up to change the record?   personally, I worry more about dirty records than lifting the arm just as soon as Side A is over....