Posts by TheWuss

i can't imagine doing that.adding just one gram of additional weight would be enough to snap the neck.    besides, I don't find the XC lacking in any way that damping material would fix.I don't really find them lacking much in any way, actually...
I'm not sure that's even a possibilty with my set up, sandab. After all, the auralic is streaming pcm cd-quality music directly from a usb networked drive. There is no intermediary. So 44.1 stays 44.1. And 16 bit stays 16 bit. The sound over ethernet is better than wireless at this point. Which, i'm not surprised to say, tells me that wireless streaming is not quite ready for end-game level of scrutiny. We will see. The aries is at least good enough to replace a cd...
Usb. Tried spdif with a different dac and the results were pretty similar.
Got my Aries today. And i know it is quite early.... But, i tried it wirelessly with my main rig, and was quite disappointed. This is vs a stock macbook pro running usb to the PS Audio directstream. Wired, it seems to be a touch better. But the kicker is that i bought it to be a wireless streamer. I went to the trouble of buying a dang $300 enterprise class router, and usb 3.0 NAS. I read all the hype about how the aries is supposed to smoke a macbook. So... i am...
jose i know you are dying to hear the headphone made to pair with the mha100 !!!
Just joined the club. took delivery of the LCD-XC from Headroom. so far, i must say that i prefer the way the XC images over even the LCD-3. closed headphones just "do it for me."  the bass presence, the way they pressurize the ears. the way the edges of the soundstage have more palpability.     so, i may have a new favorite...   need to start the neck exercises now...  
So, sennheiser, you're saying the connectors on the hd800 cable cost $60 more. Okay. We believe you.
That would certainly be a nice cosmetic match.     and the Parasound stuff is straight-up amazing for the money.   but, the Esoteric was a bit more full-featured, and i found one for a killer deal.   i couldn't pass it up. Stereophile class A rated.  and 6 Moons' Blue moon award winner.  etc. etc.   the ability to plug in two decks, and switch between. plus the front-panel on-the-fly switching of load impedance was a plus.   my Chinook has the dip switches on...
The Esoteric is here.     It is one of the most detailed audio components i have ever heard.    
I ordered one of these bad boys today. the analog rig will hopefully take a nice step forward soon....