Posts by Kunlun

Nope, wrong!
1964 Ears made a custom silicone set of earsleeves for an iem for me a few years back. They may still be an option. Personally, as someone who has a truly excellent set of full custom earsleeves from Future Sonics (made for FS iems only) as well as ciems, I would go full custom over custom earsleeves. Get the very best set of ear impressions you can and go for it!
You mean like delicious candy is inside?
I've had mine for 5 months and not even a trace of a problem. Burn in takes 8 hours at most if you do it right. Hardly a concern at all.
Actually, could you "drone on"? I would like to hear more of your experience since it's a nice balance to the more excited impressions.
I'd hold off on saying that the K10 is 90% of anything. Hype has a way of exaggerating things.Here's a review of the Layla that isn't getting much notice: http://www.head-fi.org/t/752454/jh-audio-layla-impressions-thread/45#post_11275859It'll take time for the real word to get out and things to balance out. Meanwhile, people's take on the K10 has been pretty steady, I'd say, month after month.
I've heard at length the k3003, 846, ie800 and roxanne universal demo. One thing is clear, the k3003 is way better than the roxanne! I went with the ie800 (for the reason m13 noted, naturalness), but I'd like to hear the k3003 again. I think the k3003 vs 1plus2 (which I've also spent time with) is a good match up as they are both hybrids. I'll let someone else make that comparison.
Well, that's less crazy than some mods I've seen here! Some people were very, very adamant that there had been no improvement in the k3003's sound. I can't say one way or the other. EDIT: I will say, however, that the machinery for making earphones maybe can "break in" a bit--a funny concept to be sure. Maybe you know the story of the K1000 headphone or have spoken to iem makers? The machinery wears out over time, and once it's gone often the company will choose to cease...
This depends on the listener. I liked the k3003, but I, and a number of other people, even those who may like it even more than I did, can hear the difference between the dynamic and armature transducers. So, that makes a number of other iems better, for me. For another person, that doesn't bother them so the k3003 is great. That's just one example--there's no right or wrong in what a person looks for in their iems. Some even seem to judge only by appearance!  In another...
But you can't exchange this for your previous order, so you bought an additional (beta) geek wave? Well, by all means, please let us know when you get it!