Posts by Kunlun

Shouldn't the max output be the same for the non iem and iem versions, given the gain switch? Is this an older chart?
The hairball alone is going for $900. Just F.Y.I.
Well... I spent two hours listening to an ak240 at a meet and when I switched back to a 5.5 gen ipod, I was surprised. The ipod sounded pretty darn good. If anyone's interested, I can throw some gold paint on my ipod and it's yours for $2,500. I'll throw in a hairball for free.
Haha, my fault for not being clear. Yes, treble is where we tend to have hearing damage and treble is more likely to lead to real hearing fatigue with sensitivity/pain (a sign of damage). So, you are correct, a treble boosted earphone will be much more fatiguing than one with a smoother, flatter treble.
Hi guys, yes, it's very interesting. Most people tend to get hearing loss in the treble. In fact, there's a spot at 4khz that most mammals are susceptible to hearing loss and, of course, we humans get loss of treble extension relatively early in adulthood. So, treble regions are generally the first to get damaged, although you can see damage in bass regions as well. That's not even considering hearing damage from medications and certain illnesses.We have muscles in our ear...
@skerry The NIOSH standards are the more accurate ones, according to Sensaphonics, a company founded on hearing protection. I'd definitely use those. The volume I'm suggesting for a one-time period of just a few hours for helping settle the driver is above what's safe for the human ear, but it is designed to take the driver to its maximum excursion. Again, only for a relatively brief time. This isn't the 100s of hours burn-in that the audio engineer didn't believe was...
110dB causes hearing loss much more quickly than 30 minutes, according to the NIOSH standards. These are the most up-to-date standards.
What's loud for a driver diaphragm is much louder than what is safe for human ears. Please protect your hearing, folks! It's easy to damage and irreversible.
Oh well!
No, not at the level I'm recommending for the time recommended.The audio engineer designed dynamic driver iems for a big company. He said that playing for 100s of hours at medium volume does nothing. What he recommended was playing at a much higher volume for a shorter time to help the very stiff driver to settle in a bit.My recommendation is still well below what would hurt the ie800.Now, it'll still have its tuning and accurately give you what's in your music, even if...