or Connect

Posts by Kunlun

Synopsis: The Spectrum Series G10 is the next generation universal fit stage monitor from Future Sonics. Replacing the Atrio with a new driver, housing, and cables, the G10 surpasses it in detail and control throughout the frequency spectrum. It does this while keeping a tuning characterized by full sub-bass, a clear midrange with a small boost in the vocal region, and a balanced, non-fatiguing treble. At a MSRP of $219, the G10 is an excellent value for the sound and...
Wow, beating the 1plus2 for clarity, that's unexpected.
Glad to see your impressions, Scott!
The Shure is mid-centric, not V-shaped. Problem solved!
Great! I'd suggest to play 'em super loud in a drawer overnight to get the diaphragm to flex a bit and then to play around with the fit--get a vacuum and see what that's like (bad) and then break it and get a much lighter seal (what you want). Enjoy!
I'm looking forward to hearing scott's impressions after he has a solid amount of time with them. As for soundstage, I am oriented toward the sound of live music, which is just one preference. In a live setting, you have all the instruments playing and their sound is subtly coming together and playing off the elements in the soundspace. There may be amplification (with speakers that are dynamic drivers, of course) or unamplified. For this, I think a single dynamic driver...
Well, I find much of the audio cues for soundstage come from the recording. I don't comment over-extensively on soundstage in my reviews for this reason-and I do have a 10 driver ciem as well as an 8 driver (and I used to own another 8), and a 6 and a 4 and a 3.... I personally find people's descriptions of soundstage attributed to iems or ciems to often be a bit exaggerated-just my experience. Not that I don't respect other people's take, of course. It's very often a...
Tyll said the prototype was less dark than the previous model.
So, single armature with copper or silver cables?
That's right, the new universal is coming out. Pretty exciting.