or Connect

Posts by Kunlun

There's more than one foam tip, the ones with a firm tube won't do that as much. You can also "trim" the tip of the eartip and that can help as well. Time to tip roll again for you. Try everything. The 4 has a rise at 6.5khz (iirc), you can eq that down. Another way to reach Problem Solved status. If you really want a new earphone, the UERR will give you that neutral sort of sound without the same rise in the treble. Right now people who own and like the UERM are...
Foam tips. Problem solved!
Interesting mod, thanks.
The 846, for all its good qualities, both to my ears and in every measurement I've seen has a peak at 7khz and then drops like a rock. The treble extension is simply poor. Again, it does other things, but the treble extension issue really has to be pointed out well. The ie800 and many other iems have far better treble extension.
Good impressions metalmancpa and swnger! Thanks!
Could t8ie owners confirm the congested sound DavidMolliere heard on his set before returning them? Also, in terms of treble clarity and treble extension, could folks compare them to their top-tier iem/ciems please?
The g10 comes with its own foamies which are quite good.
In a few years the kse1501 will hopefully improve things further. Around the same time, hopefully Sennheiser will have an ie800 replacement.
I'm glad olddude got to you with good advice before somebody came along was like "just let your ears adjust to the pain, festering pressure sores improve the bass!"After you play with the fit (keeping the time in your ears short if there is any discomfort), then look into a refit soon--you almost certainly need one.
I had a long term audition with a uerm demo and found I liked it a lot, but it's the only earphone to give me treble sensitivity (I just plain avoid ones that are known to do this), and there was a bit of added harshness and roughness to the otherwise good treble. This is intentional to a degree as the uerm was engineered to mimic the classic old ns-10 (this is the famous monitor where people would put toilet paper over the tweeter as an early "mod" to reduce treble...