Posts by Kunlun

Good question. The only thing I know for sure about the Adel system is that it was first offered to hearing aid companies. When they rejected it completely, only then was it marketed to audiophiles...at least, that's what I've been told independently by several other ciem makers who are familiar with it and may or may not have turned it down themselves.
Yeah, actually, I've thought the same thing myself. What the Adel promises, the ie800 is already doing. Of course, the vents in the ie800 also act as helmholtz resonators, reducing the treble peaks caused by inserting a c/iem into the ear canal. These peaks then mask the ear's perception of upper treble extension. So, the ie800 vents serve a few functions.
I just wanted to let people know that Noble's thinner cable is a very nice option and it might be something to consider buying.       Just look at how much thinner they are compared to the standard Noble cable. While I find the standard cable to be comfortable, these thin cables are barely there at all.   The standard cables are very sturdy and I imagine that the thinner ones require more care, so, there might be a trade-off. But, for some, these thin cables will...
Hi there, actually, one of the great things about the ie800 is that it equalizes ear canal pressure (one of the two vents in the back does this). It's very neat compared to other iems/ciems. As others have said, it's designed to be inserted shallowly. So, by trying to get a very deep fit with an iem designed for a shallow fit, you may be having air pressure and sound issues. I would try different size eartips and spend some serious time getting that right fit. You'll find...
Hi Casey,   Any news?   (edit: He was viewing the thread when I posted)
Hi Tomscy, always nice to read your posts. I wanted to help correct a few things because I think it's interesting for the history of our hobby and also to understand better the earphones we enjoy. First, stage monitors. The purpose of in-ear stage monitors isn't actually isolation per se, that's secondary. The primary purpose is hearing protection (I'll get to isolation in a moment), which means reducing the overall volume which the musicians' ears are exposed to. The...
 I totally agree on dynamic drivers. I'd say dual-dynamics have yet to prove themselves fully. We'll see if the re-1000 delivers or not.
 I sure hope LH doesn't put out a garbage UI--ease of use is very important. A&K is well known for abandoning its users when it comes to UI issues, I hope LH does a lot better.
Good question. Well, it definitely came after the last generation of Atrio, I guess that's my point.
Yes, several people with different sets of se5s have found (plus the measurements which have been posted on HF, I believe) the huge 5-8khz dip. So, it's nothing to do with a broken set of tweeters. There is also a rise in the 2khz region, which AmberOZL refers to. This is all par for the course for stage monitors, which the se5s are. I like stage monitors but the se5 is dark. Dark doesn't mean bad, maybe that is part of the discussion. After all, looking at the...