or Connect

Posts by Kunlun

I haven't heard the SLA version, sorry. I don't think you can go wrong or that any differences will be other than very minor, though.
Please give us an updated and elaborated report after you have a few days with your set of t8ie, thanks and looking forward to it. Oh, and Yuin have some earbuds, their flagship might be good for your wife if she doesn't fall for the t8ie!
You might look at quality earbuds (i.e. not in-ear, but still earphones). There won't be isolation, so watch out on the volume, but it might help her to be comfortable. Also, look at Normal brand, they make custom fit earpieces for earbuds (look them up to see what I mean).
You might get one of the bad batch that way...
I've just spent a week with these, they are overall very nice. Fairly balanced with warm lower mids and a reasonable amount of bass. They are technically quite good with a very nice amount of detail and overall the frequency range is well represented, with some small deficiencies here and there. There's something in the treble that doesn't cause fatigue, but isn't entirely right with my ears, a slight peakiness or roughness. The warmth in the lower mids was okay, but over...
Depends, but probably not. Maybe if you play acoustic in quiet places. A real stage monitor usually has a different tuning. Look at Westone's pro line, Sensaphonics, Future Sonics, UE, etc. for real stage monitors
Great comparison, awesome! Thanks!
Earlier in the thread someone reported hearing back that it was a bad batch. Amazon will have new ones in sooner or later.
Hmm, the vibro veritas tends to shelve down at 3-4khz, versus professional measurement rigs... other than that, very interesting I think both measurements and an awareness of the limitations of measurements are useful in helping to understand what our ears are telling us.
Much appreciated!