Posts by Kunlun

Did the z5 have the same treble spike the ex1000 had? I didn't find the ex1000 to be problematic, but without that spike, I have a feeling the sound would be less treble and mid centric.
Great post, jant. Thanks.
I used the ref 1 with the uber and I have previously used a TWag. There's really no comparison. The TWag was a very usable cable with good flexibility while the uber is a very stiff, very microphonic, delicate mess. I would call the uber unusable for portable use, although people seem to use it that way. Just my experience and opinion.
I'm not telling you what to buy! But yes, dynamic driver is different, high-range armature is magnesium coated, cables different, housing is apparently different as well on the z5. We don't know about the tuning but it may be different, too.
I believe the z5 will have an aluminum coated liquid polymer driver will the a3 won't have the aluminum coating on its driver. That's just from reading Sony's info, though, so I can't say for sure.
Sounds like you're going to be an even more happy couple soon!
So, are we thinking that the sony will release these in HK at the end of this week and elsewhere after that?
I'll play:Silicone shell, comes with a free live hamster.
I'm looking forward to these. I hope they adjust the sound of the xba-h3, balancing it and adding clarity. We'll see! They seem to get that the housing needed to become more streamlined. Hopefully the bass will be tighter as well.
That sounds roughly like the impressions I had, bechti.