or Connect

Posts by Red Jacket Mike

I've been waiting to upgrade to Audirvana from the 1.5.12 I have.  I use it in the iTunes integrated mode, with the latest Yosemite version.  I may want to try the standalone mode, but for now, could I upgrade and continue to use the new version in iTunes integrated mode?  Or does that still exist with version 2?  I understand that soon an IOS remote-style app will be available, as well.  This would be great, considering that Apple's newest version of the remote app no...
I have the Q French Silk cable for my LCD-X; I use it mostly with my Violectric V-200.  I don't hear cable differences over the stock cable, but I bought the Q mostly for the ultra light weight, lack of microphonics, and excellent build quality.  This cable makes absolutely no noise if it drags or rubs across my shirt, neck, or arms while I'm listening.  It's as if you're listening with wireless headphones.  
I'd have to say that the LCD-X, for me, are the best pair of headphones I've ever owned.  Over the last year or so, I've trimmed my collection down to 3 pair (for home listening, that is).  I have the LCD-X, HD-800 and TH-900.  The TH-900 gets the least head time; I like them for older recordings with insufficient bass, though.  The HD-800 can't be beat for classical/symphonic music, so they are a necessity; but the LCD-X is pretty much great with everything.  If I could...
Well, I answered my own question.  I cloned my HD first, just in case, then installed Yosemite and updated everything, included iTunes.  The W4S DAC2 driver works fine.  As a matter of fact, I didn't have to restart or reset anything.   iTunes 12, the DAC-2, Audirvana 1.5, etc., all working as they should.   Perhaps this will help anyone with similar gear.
Does anyone here use the original (not upgraded) DAC 2 with any kind of a Mac running Yosemite?  I'm wondering if the DAC-2 driver for Mavericks will still work with Yosemite, or will I need to wait for an updated driver before upgrading my Mac Mini to Yosemite?
So if this amp is going to be great with all of my headphones (LCD-X, HD-800 and TH-900) I guess I'm going to have to order one . . .
Price has been lowered; make an offer if you are interested!  I would also be willing to sell the Vamp Verza separately from the Metallo case if you are not interested in both.  PM me for details and separate prices.
I have for sale a V-Moda Vamp Verza, and the matching Metallo Case for iPhone (5, 5S or 5C).  These items are in near mint condition, and with all functions working perfectly.  They were purchased in the summer of 2013, directly from V-Moda.   The Vamp Verza is an excellent product; I am selling it just to simplify my portable rig, having purchased a new iPhone 6.   The amp and case have no visible scratches or marks; looking very closely with a magnifying glass under...
My new favorite portable combo:  The XS with my new iPhone 6.  I was formerly using the XS with an iPhone 5 and a Vamp Verza.  With the new phone, I'm not missing the amp at all.     I'm using the Audioforge Equalizer app to cut the mid/upper bass in the 250-300Hz region by 1.5-2 dB, and leaving everything else flat.  I'm getting a warm, detailed sound with plenty of bass depth and impact, really good kids and extended treble, but not too bright.   The Verza will be up...
I just got a new iPhone 6 128GB, and immediately the audio sounded better to me than my iPhone 5.  As a matter of fact, I had been using the iPhone 5 with a Vamp Verza, and the Audioforge Equalizer app, along with my V-Moda XS; now, with the iPhone 6, I am using the same gear, and when I take the Vamp Verza out of the chain, I am not hearing much difference.   I'm adjusting the EQ a bit, dropping the mid-bass levels (160-250Hz area) down by 2-3dB, and getting excellent...