Posts by Red Jacket Mike

Well, I answered my own question.  I cloned my HD first, just in case, then installed Yosemite and updated everything, included iTunes.  The W4S DAC2 driver works fine.  As a matter of fact, I didn't have to restart or reset anything.   iTunes 12, the DAC-2, Audirvana 1.5, etc., all working as they should.   Perhaps this will help anyone with similar gear.
Does anyone here use the original (not upgraded) DAC 2 with any kind of a Mac running Yosemite?  I'm wondering if the DAC-2 driver for Mavericks will still work with Yosemite, or will I need to wait for an updated driver before upgrading my Mac Mini to Yosemite?
So if this amp is going to be great with all of my headphones (LCD-X, HD-800 and TH-900) I guess I'm going to have to order one . . .
Price has been lowered; make an offer if you are interested!  I would also be willing to sell the Vamp Verza separately from the Metallo case if you are not interested in both.  PM me for details and separate prices.
I have for sale a V-Moda Vamp Verza, and the matching Metallo Case for iPhone (5, 5S or 5C).  These items are in near mint condition, and with all functions working perfectly.  They were purchased in the summer of 2013, directly from V-Moda.   The Vamp Verza is an excellent product; I am selling it just to simplify my portable rig, having purchased a new iPhone 6.   The amp and case have no visible scratches or marks; looking very closely with a magnifying glass under...
My new favorite portable combo:  The XS with my new iPhone 6.  I was formerly using the XS with an iPhone 5 and a Vamp Verza.  With the new phone, I'm not missing the amp at all.     I'm using the Audioforge Equalizer app to cut the mid/upper bass in the 250-300Hz region by 1.5-2 dB, and leaving everything else flat.  I'm getting a warm, detailed sound with plenty of bass depth and impact, really good kids and extended treble, but not too bright.   The Verza will be up...
I just got a new iPhone 6 128GB, and immediately the audio sounded better to me than my iPhone 5.  As a matter of fact, I had been using the iPhone 5 with a Vamp Verza, and the Audioforge Equalizer app, along with my V-Moda XS; now, with the iPhone 6, I am using the same gear, and when I take the Vamp Verza out of the chain, I am not hearing much difference.   I'm adjusting the EQ a bit, dropping the mid-bass levels (160-250Hz area) down by 2-3dB, and getting excellent...
I went with the Q French silk cable, in gray.  Zero microphonics.  It's like there's no cable there at all. 
Supposedly the upcoming A+ V2 will have its own IOS app that will do exactly what you are asking.  The current Apple Remote, as mentioned above, will work fine with A+ in iTunes integrated mode, though.  I control things that way, and it works very well.
I'm waiting for the first impressions on the new Violectric V-281, supposedly available in early June.