or Connect

Posts by audionewbi

Calyx M: Warmer and more dynamic. DP-X1: More detailed and USB connection is more stable than AK70. Feels more dynamic and more powerfulAK70: Balanced out sounds more neutral than both. For its size has enough of everything to keep me engaged. More portable than all those two, best UI than both both. Sorry I do not own X5 and it has been long since I tried one. For anyone who wants to get the AK70 bare in mine its best performance comes using 2.5mm balanced out, so you...
I've ordered the spinfit tip. During winter my ear tend to have issues with universal fits. I hope this allows me to use kse more often.
I gave the balance out of AK70 more listening and I can say with confidence that is considerably better than the single ended out put. AK70 single out is just average to border line poor. It appears that perhaps when it came to AK70 more focus was put into maximising performance from balance out than line out. Looking forward to @shigzeo measurement to shine some light on this theory of mine.
Hugo and calyx M.
It is certainly my reference dap but I don't always use it with that, I prefer a warmer source for kse1500.
There are some stability issues but mostly I am sure they will fix it. I fix such issue by using a lower compression setting for that flac files.
In here the summers get hot, the shinny and flat surface of Layla can become slippery compared to the rougher finish of Noble IEM. To be Noble housing is more thoughtful whereas Layla allow a deeper fit. I did have the TG334, finish is great, fit also great, but it sticks out far more than Noble, not quiet as much as Layla. Going back to Noble if you want to pick on them you can pick on almost anything except how they did there current universal finish. 
An update on AK70 as a lineout: I have been spending some time with the fussy KSE1500. I like to give credit where credit is due and AK70 lineout is one of those things. It is clean and it has more than adequate amount of detail that keeps the KSE1500 happy. Considering the neutral nature of KSE1500 I can say AK70 as a dap and source has slightly north of neutral with a well extended treble. It perhaps does not have that much of lower extension compared to its upper...
An update on AK70 as a lineout: I have been spending some time with the fussy KSE1500. I like to give credit where credit is due and AK70 lineout is one of those things. It is clean and it has more than adequate amount of detail that keeps the KSE1500 happy. Considering the neutral nature of KSE1500 I can say AK70 as a dap and source has slightly north of neutral with a well extended treble. It perhaps does not have that much of lower extension compared to its upper...
have you ever worn them more than an hour? Jh layla is just huge and fit is poor for me.