Posts by audionewbi

Cant lie, wagnus isn't quite what i thought it would be. I've considered getting the k812 for it.
I am still deciding between HA200 and P50. 
I am still battling out with T5p. To me its main issue is that is has too much clarity and lower end while goes deep it is not enough volume wise. I've way too many account of positive recabling changes to t5p inorder for me to dismiss it. I really want to like this headphone but i am struggling alot with it. It can go insanely loud with zero hint of distortion, the driver is top quality. Either get a new grado or send mine for recabling which will cost as much as a brand...
To my ears CKR10>IM04. I think AT really did great with their CKR lineup. IM04 is not there for me. Maybe with a cable mod and a balance setup things might be different but it lacks clarity. 
CKR9  seem to be a lot more popular an cheaper too!
I have been so impressed with ckr10 that I want to get a unit of ckr9. I am just hoping AK strikes a deal with AT and release the balance version. If they do I will pick up their ak100II despite my dislike if AK.
If you are in market to buy a unit for the calyx M I suggest you guys to wait. Based int their Facebook post they are making so changes to their future dap which includes using a larger battery.
Calyx doesn't honour warranty of for example a US allocated DAP to a buyer from outside US.
have you guys seen the photo of a balanced ath-ckr9 on AK twitter ?    
If you are going to be in this hobby long term nothing you will get will save you money as this is your hobby and you will keep buying no matter how good your current gears are. Getting HUGO hasnt stopped me from getting lower grade gears.   However HUGO will save a lot of money for those who are serious about audio and just want to get something that will not disappoint. More importantly it will be the only true all in one source that will be of reference quality grade.