Posts by EDP

I mentioned it in my first post, first sentence ;)   What DSP functionality do I lose using the KX drivers? I want to be able to use my Audigy for gaming, do EAX and all the other stuff it is capable of fall under DSP, or do you refer to Dolby/DTS?   And a second question: Is the digital out simply a passthrough of the sound without any Dolby/DTS/EAX features, or does it contain all the technologies my Audigy features? I know I can use the settings from Creative's driver...
I see there's PAX and KX drivers for the Audigy 2 ZS I have. Which is better. Is it a question of hearing and judging myself? Is it easy te remove them to test which I like best?
What custom drivers are these you refer to? I heard about them, but never thought there was so much about them. Especially if they're 'better' (better meaning better SQ), I'd like to find out more about them!
Is the above what you mean (the above, or a direct cable from a single jack to a single male rca would both work, I guess)? What I find very strange are the images on the Creative website (in the first post of this thread) show a different jack! See below:     I find these images very strange, because they suggest that their digital out is not simply coaxial, but multi-pole (the left image says front spdif and rear spdif, the right has even 3 poles and a ground!!). The...
I have a question regarding the Creative Audigy 2 ZS soun card I have.     It has digital out (the first on the left, it's a jack, not RCA/coaxial), but I have no clue if it's optical (mini toslink) or not (metal jack plug). Honestly, I've never heard about a metal jack plug for S/PDIF, but then again take al look over here: http://support.creative.com/kb/ShowArticle.aspx?sid=3026 (click on the third 'more' button and then on the two 'Digital Out Jack'...
I found a nicely priced Emu 0404 USB. It has a DAC, headphone amp and optical in.   Does anybody own it? How do you like it and it's features?   And my question about EAX on my Creative Sound Card through optical out remains unanwered. :( I'd like to know if it would work together!
Hi!   I'm from NL and I'm interested in the D10. What's the condition?   The picture links still do not work. Try picasa/flickr/photobucket/imageshack or post them in your post!
Hi!   I want to buy a starter's headphone amp for hooking up with my PC.   I'd like it to be a DAC and headphone amp in one. I prefer an optical in, so I can hook it up to my sound card and have the gaming sound technologies of the sound card available through the amp (is this true? I guess so, but I'm not sure). It's a Creative Audigy 2 ZS, not that great, but hell of a lot better than on board sound and it had optical out.   The iBasso D10 is an option, but...
I'm interested in both products, but I have no idea how much they're worth in the condition you offer them. I live in the Netherlands, so shipping will be costly I'm afraid.   I read bad things about nuforce too, but don't know anything about what to expect of the icon mobile. I seems to be a great mobile amp for the money.   The Emu is a professional external DAC for recording purposes, isn't it? I'm looking for an external DAC for listening purposes only. I...
I think I have decided what to go for. My current system still impresses me, by which I mean to say that I'm a bit scared to buy the Edirols or something of the like and that they will disappoint me. It's a bit 'overdone' if I buy a set of speakers with a built in DAC, when there's also the option of buying a desktop DAC (like the already mentioned NuForce Icon uDAC-2). This amp will not only power my headphones to the next level, but also be the right DAC for my...