Posts by EDP

I've always wanted to try some Dunu headphones! The only local store I know never has them in stock, though.   Therefore, I'll take my chances to win this awesome-looking pair of cans! (The earpieces actually look like cans. ) I love the Y-piece, it looks really cool!
A DAC is only needed to convert a digital signal. The Sansa Clip+ doesn't have a digital out, so it's not needed. Could save you a few bucks. If you have any other audio source with digital out, you might want a DAC, though. Just know that a under $100 DAC does the job, but won't be as good as a $500 DAC.It is hard for me to recommend an amp. I have one experience only, and it's great. I can't compare with other amps, though. I use a JDS Labs cMoyBB and I love it with my...
Wow, thanks for the heads up. I really didn't know that the EU restricted the max volume on the Clip+.
My GF's clip+ simply does not have the power to reach a desireable volume. The maximum volume is just about acceptable. Is it the 80 ohm DT1350 I'm using (and does the clip sound a bit louder on lower impedance cans/IEMs), or is it my deafness? I'm pretty sure I'm not that deaf... It's just that my Cowon D2 reaches extreme volumes with that headphone unamped. I know the D2 is a powerful PMP, but it seems to me that the clip+ is a powerless PMP. any thoughts?
** bought one, closing **   I'm looking to buy a JDS Labs cMoyBB v2.03 portable headphone amp to power my Beyerdynamic DT1350.   I see enough of these little critters around in the for sale section, but most are not very interestingly priced for me. A new one from JDS Labs is will cost me about 50 EUR incl. shipping (66.29 USD) to the Netherlands.   So what I want is this: The cMoyBB v2.03, I don't care if it was pre-assembled or DIY, what case design it...
G.O. R.E.A.D. I.T. Y.O.U.R.S.E.L.F.   (Get Organized, Read Everyday And Discover Interesting Text You Overlooked Unambitiously, Read So Eventually Learning Follows)
Ok, now I found a thread with some details on the 32/250/600 ohm versions of the Beyers. But there's also a 80 ohm version. 4 versions, just incredible!   Which will be driven better by the STX headamp? I won't use the cans for portable needs, for that I have a Sennheiser PX 200 II (after a PX 200, PMX 200 and HD 238, they all broke in some way, why do I keep buying Sennheisers?)... I'm inclined to the 250 ohm versions, because their sound spectrums are about what...
** I got it at a bargain price though, second hand. I still have to test it's full capabilities, but the software part was already bothering me. **     Is it normal for STX users to switch settings all the time? The software recommends so much different settings for movies/music/games! It's a pain you can't use shortcut keys to change to a certain user defined setting.   And another question (I'll change the thread title and first post accordingly): what...
  How do you disable WASAPI or ASIO?   But I fixed the problem already: I set the Windows Audio Setting for the Xonar to 24-bit @ 48kHz in stead of @ 192kHz (92 kHz doesn't work either, and 44.1 kHz does work). Now I see the monitor image and I can use the effects. Why does this happen? In 4/6/8 channel mode, the 24 bit @ 192 kHz setting in the Windows audio settings works just fine!    
Great thread! Horribly long. ;)   I have a problem with my STX, see here for details: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/559963/problem-with-2-channels-with-asus-xonar-essence-stx   The software isn't working when in 2 channel mode! :( Please reply over there or PM me if you know anything that could help.