Posts by sarals

This has been a wonderful thread!   I heard 2359glenn's OTL amp at the meet, as well - and I absolutely fell in love with it!  It was lovingly built, and it sounded so.  SO, I am jealous - seriously!  I really like the setup you have, and I think, if only for aesthetics, that maple block should remain where it is!  You know us, the fairer sex, always thinking about looks...   I hope your cold is better  now I have one.  No listening for me right now.   Hey,...
Interested....
Photography?  Oh, that...!    I forgot my camera when I left my house in the wee hours to drive up to the meet.  I still managed to get some shots with the trusty phone.  Here are but a few of my faves...     I watched this sign going up.  What I didn't get shots of were the little snippets posted on the door next to it.     Our fabulous host!     Most agree that this rig was nothing short of spectacular.     Power.  Once again,...
I'd have to say I doubt I could ever top this (my) first meet, either.  I was overwhelmed, awed, and surprised.  That means I liked it!
It's from the cover of a book about the women pilots of the Second World War.  Boys are away so the girls must play!  Explains me perfectly.
cee-tee, thank you for organizing such a tight, well run event - and thank you squeezing me in at the last second (with my meager rig!).  The meet was fantastic, the gear stellar, and everyone was just great.  It was really nice to have some face time with some of the folks whom I've gotten to know in this august forum.  That said, I didn't get to meet everyone I wanted, and certainly only got to hear but a smidgen of the gear I wanted to hear!  Next year. ...
I was one who DID use the USB input on the Matrix quite a lot.  I fed it hi-res masters of recordings I've done as well as converted FLAC files.  I lament that my Mytek DAC doesn't have USB (which means I need to build or buy a USB to SPDIF receiver).  I do question why, when it's easy to integrate a USB DAC into a decoder, that Yulong chose not to.  The chip options are many!   project86, I look forward to your impressions of the D18!
  You're welcome!  
Ummm...you might want to put some shrink tubing or tape on the helping hands claws.  Your PC board(s) will love you for it!  Just sayin'!
It does, thank you.   Here was my setup:   Matrix Quattro DAC balanced outputs ---> Mattrix Quattro Headphone Amp SE outs ---> HD600's, Beyer dt880, Ety ER-4s   Matrix Quattro DAC unbalanced outputs ---> Audible Illusions Modulus II ---> Perreaux PMF2150B   Yes, tubes are prominently in the path of my front end.    Speaking of tubes, I would have liked to have heard the Matrix DAC feeding my Project Sunrise tube amp (vs. the Matrix Headphone amp). ...