or Connect

Posts by hodgjy

I've been saying for a few years now it's an amazing amp and very unnoticed and underrated.  Feed it a balanced signal, and it only gets better.
Chris at Charleston Cable Company is awesome. He has made a fee cables for me.
You're right about some of the exaggeration due to the noise canceling and internal amplification. I've heard much worse, and these are pretty good. For the price, I can't complain.   Also, these blocked airplane noise much better than I thought it would when I flew for Christmas.
When I wrote this review, there wasn't a dedicate review post in the Head Gear section. I made a dedicated page for these headphones, so this thread can be abandoned if the mods deem.    The dedicated review can be found at: http://www.head-fi.org/products/jbl-everest-elite-300-noise-canceling-bluetooth-headphones/reviews/14701
I recently picked up the JBL Everest Elite 300 On-Ear Bluetooth Noise Canceling Headphones for $209.99 from the local Best Buy. They are a new product, and since they haven't been discussed around here, I thought I'd post my brief impressions for the holiday shopping season.   TLDR; In short, I really like them. They are going to be my go-to travel and portable headphones for quite some time. They sound very similar to the V-Moda Crossfade M-80s, which I also really...
I have the TEAC and absolutely love it. It's become my real work horse and drives everything. The only thing it lacks compared to my much more expensive tube amp is it isn't as holographic or quite as textured. But that's compared to the Trafomatic Head One, which is a holographic and textural monster.
Get yourself a Schiit Asgard 2 and Bifrost multibit and call it day.
If you guys want to hear a bright headphone, try the DT-990 sometime. That treble can fry an egg.
 Burn in time is extremely overrated. I didn't notice much at all, if any. I put them on my head brand new and enjoyed them the same as I am hundreds of hours later. Yes, they scale extremely well. Every time I've upgraded my amp and DAC, they sound better.  Other headphones, especially planars, do not scale much at all, if any.
Resolution to me means how many details are portrayed.