Posts by Ridleyguy

No.  Amarra works with your iTunes Library, so whatever is in the library it can process/play.
The OP's budget in pounds sterling is equivalent to $4,600.
I agree with n3rdling. or otherwise you may end up buying and selling a lot of equipment before you find what you like.  From your description of the music you like though, IMO, you are going to eventually want to have more than one headphone.    
Dangalf - What are your music preferences and quality of source material? 
One place you can buy Oyaide online in North America is at Planet of Sound's (Canadian) distribution centre website. I have no relationship with them, but recently bought some Oyaide RCA cables from them.     www.planetofsounddistribution.com
Did you decide on a DAC?
You may want to read the review on it on InnerFidelity.  
Yes, I own it.  What amp. and DAC are you planning on using?    
The best impressions I could find on the internet are from Phile Web - but obviously some issues with Google translation!     Was released in the year 2005 "AT-HA5000" to brush up, and specifications Asada cherry tree Hokkaido finishing lacquer Echizen upscale from ebony stripe the front panel headphone amplifiers Limited to commemorate its 50th anniversary "AT- HA5000ANV "it.  AT the 50th anniversary of its founding headphone...
I haven't heard either of the headphones mentioned (I do own an LCD-2 v1. though), but based on your music preferences I would seriously consider the ATH-W3000ANV.