Posts by Ridleyguy

Quote: Originally Posted by SillyHoney This audiophile world is confusing me. iPod out of all suddens, turns out to be a pretty nice source. It may indeed seem that way, but I think the most accurate information on this (I'm sure someone will correct me if this is wrong!) is that if you can bypass completely the inner workings of an iPod (and a company has to be licenced to do this by Apple), and you have Lossless files on your iPod, you can...
I can't answer your follow up questions myself, as I don't have the experience with those other headphones you are asking about, and listen mainly to classical. I was only commenting on the issue we both had with the lower end Grados. You need some knowledgeable opinions here on the other Sennheiser models you are asking about. I only listened to the SR225s for 5 or 10 minutes in a store, as I spent more time with their RS2s and RS1s, as I was also looking at...
I listen primarily to classical, and began my search for new headphones at the beginning of the year for one reason - because I was having the same/similar issues to you with Grado SR80s, in my case, which I have owned for several years, and was tired of the sound; particularly noticeable with violins and female (soprano) vocals. I auditioned the entire Grado line in one sitting, (as Grados were the main headphones line this particular dealer carried), using the same...
Donny Hathaway
I was curious, and listened to a number of the online samples from "Rabbit Dream" yesterday with my IE8s, as I am travelling and don't have my 701s (which I love) with me. I also own HD650s. My first impression was of the amount of bass, and thinking that I would not be comfortable listening to this album with my IE8s. Maybe that is how the tracks are supposed to sound, I don't know. I listen primarily to classical music, where bass is quite different than music that has...
Not by any means limited to this thread, but in many others as well, there seems sometimes to be a lot of personal animosity/criticism expressed when someone gives an opinion that someone else doesn't like or agree with, or where they don't like how that person expresses their opinions. Everyone expresses themselves online differently as we all know; diffferent styles, cultural backgrounds, etc. but I don't think personal style should result in any individual being...
The tips you use will also have a material impact on the sound as well as on noise isolation. Hopefully the more experienced IE8 and IEM owners generally will weigh in on this. With 128 Kbps tracks, you should hear a significant different in sound quality from higher res tracks with a top tier universal IEM like the IE8s. Glad to hear you love them too!
Quote: Originally Posted by Snaques I've had mine for about 6 months now and still find them a bit warm for my taste. I have to admit the fit isn't quite perfect for me so I have to test the cable staright down method. The problem here is that usually a better fit only increases the lows. I agree completely with your comment about the IE8s having a "warm" sound, but this is also a well-documented characteristic of the Sennheiser HD650 sound...
There is a current thread on sound related benefits from recabling (or not!), plus other recabling issues that the OP should read and form his own opinion. The Stefan AudioArt site (under Tips) and the HeadRoom site (according to the thread mentioned above) also give opinions of the Sennheiser HDxxx cables, but of course they are selling them.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mochan One rule of thumb to keep in mind is that IEMs don't require amping. Period. Amps can help but generally I have yet to listen to an IEM that really benefitted (as in had a night and day diff) from listening from an amp compared to from a DAP. As long as your mp3 player is good then the IEMs will be golden. Amping not needed. I will be interested to see, if connecting to the line-out of my iPod Touch, using...