Posts by Ridleyguy

I first came across Respighi's music on an album featuring cellist Mischa Maisky, Respighi's Adagio con variazioni- one of the most beautiful pieces of music IMO, in the cello repertoire.
Thanks, cooperpwc.
Hey music _4321, Thanks very much. Incidentally, I have really enjoyed reading your posts throughout this thread.
Thank you SoundFreaq! I am looking forward to the journey.
Well, it didn't take reading all 115 pages of this thread to sell me on Final Audio Design, but I read them all anyway, as I enjoyed the discussions so much! I have only owned one IEM in the past, the Sennheiser IE8, and when it was broken, I didn't plan on ever buying IEMs again. Not so much because I didn't like the sound, but that I preferred my B&W P5s'comfort for portable use. Which leads me to my seemingly contradictory decision to purchase, not one, but two FAD...
I was advised that DC bypasses an input capacitor in the amplifier. 
What is your budget?
I own them and also agree with HiFlight's comments. In my collection I prefer them to and have substituted them for the Sennheiser HD600 and AKG701. If I only had $350 to spend though, I would buy the HD600 instead.
I agree generally with your comments about optical vs USB out of a MacBook. In my case though, I can only use optical for Hi Rez files as my RWA Isabellina has a second DAC chip for Hi Rez but no USB implementation.
You may want to consider adding a portable amplifier, as you already have a player (iPod 4). A line out connection though is analogue and still uses the iPod internal DAC.