Posts by Ridleyguy

That would make you about 16 years old then by my calculation.
I wanted to say that I have now bought 4 FAD models (one on the way) based on the main contributors to this thread's comments, and the general good spirit/ Karma (whatever you want to call it), of the thread. I didn't pay too much attention to the comments on the graphs, while I fully acknowledge they may be a deal breaker for others. I have not regretted any of my purchases of FAD products, and in fact, this has been one of my best experiences in this hobby. If I may...
Yes, but I will defer to the musically trained among us to weigh in on the significance, if any, of not having perfect pitch in relation to evaluating headphones/IEMs, for example.
To bring forward an even more opaque/obscure argument .... but hopefully not dimwitted. Has anyone considered the fact that most people do not have perfect pitch, and therefore hear musical notes differently to start with?
I didn't know that, but I loved Fawlty Towers.
I liked dimwittedness myself.
Yes, listening to music is all about personal preferences and not just technicalities.
As stated in different ways many times throughout this thread, most owners of the PF series are not claiming that their PFs are the best or most accurate IEMs out there, but it is interesting to me that people who don't like them seem to rely primarily on graphs as the source of their arguments. How music is presented, IMO, plays a very large role in explaining why certain people, and maybe it is a minority, react so positively to the PFs, as what they do well goes...
It would be helpful to your argument to know what hi fi equipment you own or have owned, in order to form our own opinions about your opinion on the PFs, but I notice that you have nothing listed in your profile.For what it's worth, I have listened to multiple versions of classical music I listen to on a variety of speaker based and headphones based systems over a number of years, and I find the PF IXs to be very true to the best performances I have heard for accoustic...
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=nfpG6nVcoCY&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DnfpG6nVcoCY This is a song which I have on a Live album Cara Dillon did for the B&W Society of Sound offering which I liked.