Posts by Ridleyguy

For those that enjoy classical music and own the Heaven series (I have the IV and V Aging), I highly recommend the Fostex HP-P1 DAC/Amp using the 2 filter assuming you have an Apple player, and CD quality music. I prefer it to the Pico Power amplifier for classical as I find its amplifier section to be more neutral. For other music genres, I prefer adding the Pico Power, and using the Fostex DAC, bypassing its hp amplifier section.
You're welcome, and I think you hit the nail on the head with your description of the IE8s' soundstage!As to comparing the Heaven V Aging to the Heaven IV, I haven't spent a lot of time yet with the V, so please consider these early impressions accordingly, but at least in my modest portable setup, my very early impressions are that the IV seems to have a slightly more neutral and 'leaner' sound signature to me than the V. And although FAD prices the two quite...
A few impressions on my portable setups and synergy issues. I now have the Heaven V Aging along with my Heaven IV in this series. I feel both the Heaven IV and V both scale well with my main DAC/Amp system, but with relatively short cables, and no portability, this is not a practical setup for me most of the time. I have full sized headphones for this purpose. I ordered a Pico Power amp. partially to give me portability with my full sized headphones, but also to use...
While everyone is awaiting the release of the SE846, I was surprised that no one (to my knowledge) has mentioned their full sized headphones flagship, the 1840, and questioned why Shure didn't try and take on top tier headphones with it like the Sennheiser HD800, for example. It is interesting that the company has chosen to compete only in the TOTL IEM space.
I received a shipping notice late yesterday.
That works for me. That is 6pm for those on Eastern Daylight Time.
Tough decisions. I'm considering the Meridian Explorer to connect to a MacBook Pro. For an iPod etc application I have a Pico Power Amp on order with a Whiplash TWag LOD. I haven't decided on a DAC for this setup, but am considering one of the Algorythm Solo DACs and am also looking at a LE Venturecraft DAC and a Fostex DAC/Amp. I would also welcome comments/recommendations on this subject.
And I keep getting the same juvenile response.
up late, you might have a lot more credibility if you had a Head-Fi profile that at least showed what equipment you own or have owned. Have you ever attended a large Meet like CanJam and auditioned a wide range of equipment? While all of our opinions here are just that, our opinions, at least we have a significant amount of experience in this hobby to base our opinions on. Live concert experience is also an important element to appreciating IEMs like the PF series. I...
Maybe we should all move over to the new 1+2+3+4+5 thread now.