Posts by Groomsy

I fixed it. For some reason in ASIO there was a problem with both the "In" and "Out" being turned on under the Device List for the uDAC2. I turned "In" off and it's fine now. Weird.
Hey all, I just upgraded the circuit in my uDAC to that of the uDAC2. All is working well, but I've noticed that when I start a song in Foobar2000, the first second of the song is silence - although the visualizations show that the song is playing and registers the signal, the actual sound doesn't cut in until 0:02 on most songs. I've trying to modify the settings on playback and output configuration but haven't had any success so far.   I should note that this...
I let my mom listen to Bob Seger's "Old Time Rock & Roll" after I had discovered that there were guitar tracks going on there which I had never noticed. She listened politely for about a minute, took them off, smiled, and said, "Oh, those sound really nice."   Meh.
I'm a senior at Morehead State University majoring in English Education. We're sort of outcast from both the Education department and the English department, haha. We're a strange breed; we're too rigid and academic for the Creative Writing majors but too "deep" for the Special Education majors and K-5 ed. majors.   The program gets tough quick, especially once you hit your sophomore year; at that point you're taking the developmental psychology/pedagogy courses as...
Immortal - All Shall Fall       Gah, even with the hot mastering, it sounds great through Grado phones. :)
I searched for a related thread but only found one from several months ago which I didn't want to resurrect.   Anyway, is there any word on the new earphones from Maximo, the iM790? I've heard great things about the iM590 and considered buying a pair only to hear that the company was working on the 790, which was supposed to be due over the summer. But my research has turned up nothing as to if it's been released, or even if there was a delay in its public...
I've discovered some good hardcore lately, I can't believe I've missed out on these bands for so long, haha. Mostly it's been Ruiner, Modern Life is War, With Honor, and several others. And of course Converge is constantly spinning on my playlist.
I haven't been to a ton of shows since I'm not big on the live circuit, but here's who I've seen:   Devin Townsend Band, Dark Tranquillity, Opeth, Keep of Kalessin, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Valient Thorr, Baroness, Mastodon, Corpus Christi, Year of Desolation, Woe of Tyrants... and some others. Not to mention all of the local shows I played back in the day.   And I'll be going to see Baroness for the second at the end of the month when they play with Deftones....
I'm pretty excited about it. They haven't done a bad album in my opinion.   Hopefully the mastering on this new one will be a little more reasonable, though. Ashes Against the Grain had some pretty gnarly clipping in several places.
Probably one of the strangest moments I had was just the other night. I was up around 1 A.M. (and I'm never up that late) listening to Stravinsky's The Rite of Spring on my SR80i. The impact of the instruments, the dynamics, the primitive rhythms... all of converged together into a freakin' terrifying listening experience. It's one of the first times that music has truly scared me.   There was also that bit of nervousness when I found out that I wouldn't be at my...