or Connect

Posts by skyline315

It's been mostly eliminated on v2, though not entirely.  If you have sensitive headphone and you really listen when the music is paused you can hear the scratching. But, practically speaking, it's a non-issue now.
 I disagree 100% I found the Bimby to be a relaxing listen paired with the HE-500, HE-6, and HD650.  Project Ember as my amp.   Many consider Bimby to be on the warmer side. Just throwing that out there...I have no doubt that it didn't work for you, but hard digital edge doesn't match with what I've heard.
 It does for me as long as the Dac Fix app is enabled...
 You can Google it.  Jeremy from Garage1217 posts there as does Solderdude, who designed all of the Garage products.  
 You can check out the Diyah boards for a ton of Ember discussion.  I'm sure someone there has your headphones and can offer their preferred settings. If you go in blind, I'd start with high gain / low impedence and work from there.  Jump back and forth between high and low gain first.  Once you settle on the one you like best, you can change the impedence settings one at a time and see what it does to the sound.
Looking for an Uber.  Thanks!
 These are just bug fixes. Not Marshmallow...
I feel like the Schiit stack with the Vali 2 is going to give you more value than any/most combo units around the same price.  It's a heck of a deal.  And, if you pair it with the Modi 2, then it takes up very minimal desk space.  And, since you seem to be anti-tube, the Magni 2 or Asgard 2 will suit the bill just fine.   And, if you want to up things a bit, you can score a used Bifrost Uber for pretty cheap these days, which opens you up to the MB upgrade down the line....
 Do you want a dac/amp combo or separate units?  Budget?
I do, actually. Punchier...more dynamic.  Hard to say if there's any more detail/clarity...may just be placebo. Either way, this current setup is more than enough to keep me happy as a portable solution.  Listening with the DT1350.