Posts by skyline315

Maybe we should all post our gear and see if we have enough diversity to make a mini-meetup worthwhile?
FAR more accurate and balanced.  Better clarity.   Bass doesn't stand out as much, but that's because I think the bass on the M80 is extremely colored.  The bass on the 1350s extends very deep.   When I listened to the M80s, I got the impression that they had a fun and different sound, but nothing sounded exactly "right".  I would listen to something I was familiar with like Radiohead and enjoyed it.  But, it just wasn't how Radiohead was "supposed" to sound if that makes...
Sure.  I watched the Vali thread for a while, so I'm up on the sound signature and microphonics.  But, it's nice to hear about how it pairs with specific headphones.  I also have the DT880 and I've heard good things about it paired with the Vali as well. As for the 1350, I've found it a little funny with certain amps.  I actually love it with my Audinst HUD-mx1, but really don't like it at all when paired with my Asgard 1.  I have no idea what it is, but the Asgard just...
Nice!  Thanks for the tip. I don't have the Vali, but at such a low price the temptation to buy it is always there...
I'm mostly interested in seeing how easy/hard these headphones are to drive.     If I could get something sonically up to par with the HE-500 without needing a mother of an amp to drive them...that would be exciting to say the least.
 It all varies.  I have none of the issues that you've described above.  Comfort was an issue at first, but now I can wear them for hours straight without a problem.
 That's unusual.   I usually send Jason a PM here on head-fi and he always response in the same day.
 I will respectfully disagree and say that I have a blast listening to these things.  We all find different things "fun", I suppose.  
 I suspect you haven't found the proper positioning on your ears.  I would never in a million years describe the bass as lighter than neutral.   Of course, a defective set is possible.    I feel that the midrange is perfectly clear, but I think don't think people are always discussing the same thing when they talk about "clarity". Amping helps these phones.  No need for overkill, though.  I listen to mine out of an Audinst HUD-mx1 and am very pleased with the combo.   As...
Purrin (or anyone else that has heard both)   How would you compare the Vali to the Lyr?