or Connect

Posts by skyline315

Bass on the 500 is boomier.  This isn't necessarily a negative...it just depends on preferences.   The 400i bass is a little tighter and clean. That said, I still think the 500 wins out due to it's treatment of mids and vocals.   All in my humble opinion, of course.  
The H10 gives them enough power to sound good. You could always try the Lyr 2 or Ember 2 if you want something different.  A little tube magic does the 500s some good, in my opinion.
 Afraid so. Sorry for the bad luck
Really awesome to see Woo step up like that.   Again.  
Awesome! Looking forward to it.
In addition to the TH-X00 I'd also really love to hear an Oppo PM-3. So if any of you gear loving fools feel like picking one up between now and April 9th :P
 No issues here, either.  I think the freezing issue and the Bifrost are unrelated.  My Bifrost is plugged directly into my laptop's USB.
So, I wanted to comment again on the 4490 now that I've put a couple of weeks into it. The sound, to my ears, has really smoothed/mellowed out. I'm not sure if it's actual product burn-in or brain burn-in, but the result has held for several days now. The sound is not as lively and energetic as it was when I first got it, but it sounds more coherent and less fatiguing. In short, it sounds just that much closer to what I remember from the MB Bifrost. I'm digging it.
Burnley, when you finally get a chance to go, I highly recommend a seat behind the orchestra pit.  It's a blast to watch from that angle and to be able to see the conductor's face throughout the performance.     Plus, they're pretty affordable seats, relatively speaking.
 I saw that.  Burnley the hipster :P