Posts by skyline315

It all depends on how you define "defects in certain recordings". The fact that a particular recording has a lot of sound in the 3-4k region doesn't necessarily make it "bad".  Perhaps the singer's vocal range just happens to reside in that region, or the band uses an instrument that hits that spot a lot.  But, if the frequency response of the headphone happens to be emphasized in the same region, then it has the effect of emphasizing that sound...perhaps too much....
 I would doubt it, but who knows? I know Puckett's didn't pan out last time.  If you're still interested in it, you could try the Franklin location and see if they take reservations.
 I think either would work. Do you feel like driving 2 hours early in the morning or later in the evening?
 It's a combination of the recording and the headphones.  According to the FR graphs, these have a couple of peaks to them.  If a particular track happens to have a lot of sound focused around one of those peaks, then the recording simply serves to highlight that particular aspect of the headphones. Just like if you happened to have a bass-heavy headphone and used them to listen to an extremely bass-heavy song...the result could be a bit...overwhelming.   Thankfully, these...
 It's VERY track specific.  95% of the tracks I listen to - no problem at all with the vocals.  They sound "right". Certain recordings, though...old Billie Holiday stuff, for example, can hit me as a little harsh at times.  
 I was having some issues with hot vocals (mostly female) on some tracks, but this seems to have calmed down a bit over the past few days.  About 72 hours in now. Whether that's actual physical break-in or my own mental break-in, I don't know.  And, frankly, I don't care.  
Meh.  Lennox villiage is a nuisance for me, but I'm probably the only one coming from the Mt. Juliet area.  I'm also biased since I work downtown. If you're looking for BBQ, then I'd suggest Peg Leg Porker. http://peglegporker.com/ No idea on their beer selection, though.  Also, I think they have live music some nights, so you'd want to check that in advance.  
 Well, it's more of the fact that I can't afford a stable of headphones.  Got to sell one to afford another, I'm afraid.  
As a side note, anyone interested in buying a pair of DT880 premium 250 ohm?  
Burger Republic has a location near downtown.  Great burgers and a pretty solid beer selection. http://burgerrepublic.com/ Not sure I'll be able to go to dinner this year.  Just realized I have a big cross country meet the morning of the 20th.  I'll still come to the meet, but it won't be til later in the day.  However, my wife would probably divorce me (and rightfully so) if I were gone all night on Friday and then all day on Saturday as well.