or Connect

Posts by skyline315

Awesome! It'll be great to meet another Nashvillian that shares this hobby...there don't seem to be many of us around.
Hey all, just a quick update.   I've been talking with Peter from HiFiMAN and there's a chance the HE-560 and HE-400i could be in attendance.  Nothing set in stone and it all depends on their supply, but fingers crossed.
 I think the biggest adjustment you'll notice is with the pads loosening up and creating a better seal on your ears.  So, don't worry about burn-in.  Just wear them, enjoy them, and let the earpads do their thing...
1.  Tennessee 2.  Beyerdynamic DT880 (250 ohm) and DT1350.  HRT MSII --> Schiit Asgard.  Also have a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon TT. 3.  Headphones completely opened up a whole new world of audio to me.  Unfortunately, living in Nashville, the chance to demo gear is practically nonexistant.  A tour like this would be huge.  The only HFM product I've heard is the HE-500 which I adore.  I'm trying to decide if I should pick up a used pair or wait for the 560/400i. 4.  Fully...
Whatever you meant to post isn't showing up, sadly.   All I know is that we really can't acknowledge anyone that used to use a phone like this:  http://zackmorriscellphone.com/   Let's just invite Tiffani Amber Thiessen and be done with it.   
I preferred the sound of the 1350s as well, although I was in the minority (several of us compared them at a headphone meetup). Regarding comfort, I have actually gotten used to the clamping force of the 1350s.  It's like a nice comforting hug.  While the earpads were certainly softer on the T51s and it was easy to get a good seal, I constantly felt like the headphones were going to fall off my head.  The lack of an adjustable split headband also really bothered me.
Theo, I take exception to your signature.   Of all the Saved By the Bell cast, Screech is probably the ONLY one that'd be caught at an event like this :P   I'm a geek and proud of it!  
MattTCG almost came last time.  Any word from him?
   Did the HE-400 and HE-500 come in the same packaging?  I think that's your giveaway...
Can't wait to hear these.  They sound like they might be a better fit for me than the 560s...   And they'll certainly be a better fit for my wallet!