Posts by skyline315

No.  Get the SRH840 instead.     Better balanced headphone in my opinion.
  If you have a guitar center nearby, they usually carry them.  Mine let me try the 940s out, and it's what convinced me to buy them.   They are brutally clear and sound GREAT with acoustic music and I also enjoyed them quite a bit with rock and and pop type stuff.  You'll get varying opinions on them, though.  The treble is highly emphasized which is not something that all people love.  Many people refer to them as bass shy, which I understand but don't agree with.  The...
  Glad you're enjoying them!  I'm curious to try the 701/702s myself.  Sounds like a sound signature I could really get into.     Personally, I've been listening to the DT880/Audinst HUD-mx1 combo, and have a few smile moments each day.  It's addictive for sure!  
Any pictures?   Does your price include shipping and fees?
Give the SRH940s a serious look.  If you want sharp, I don't think it gets much sharper than those...
I'd take a pair of Shure 840s over the ATH-M50s any day.
What kind of music do you listen to mostly?  There are a lot of good options out there...   Do you have a preference for on-ear v. over ear?
  Yes, they're fairly large, but they were easy to fold up and put into my backpack.   I'm looking into the Beyerdynamic DT1350s myself, but I don't think they'll be any more comfortable for you than the Senns.  I've never found an on-ear headphone that I would exactly call "comfortable".  There are just lesser degrees of pain :P
  Have you considered the Shure 840/940?  Larger headphones, but they fold up fairly well for portability and they have detachable cables.  I wouldn't have normally recommended full-sized cans for portable use, but since you have the M50s on the list...   I won't say they are comfort kings, but they are certainly going to be worlds above your typical portable on ear solutions...
  Glad you made a decision!  I think you'll enjoy them.  The Beyer pads aren't going to work.  The SRH940 velour pads will fit the 840s, but I hear that it changes their sound signature for the worse.     Also, the pleather pads on the 840s really help for noise isolation, so I'd suggest you stick with them...