Posts by skyline315

Welcome!
  Ah.  And all these years, I've been dressing that way while NOT listening to them.  
Thanks for the suggestion.  The pictures on the covers are cracking me up...
So, I've always had a few random classical albums in my collection here and there, but I've decided to seriously start exploring.   My first "album" is Harnoncourt's version of Mozart's Requiem, and I'm pretty in love.   So, my question is, "What's next?".   I'm sure my tastes will expand as time goes on, but my inclination is to say that I will greatly prefer dark and mysterious pieces.  Basically, anything that could conjure images of deer frolicking...
It was just released yesterday, but I was wondering if anyone has had a chance to check this out.   It's probably my all-time favorite album from the 90s and the deluxe LP box set looks VERY appealing.  Waiting to hear about the quality of the re-master, though...if they butcher it the way they did with the Nevermind remaster, then I'll have to pass...
VERY curious to hear more input about the optional replacement pads.  The stock ones actually work fine for me, but something a little larger may make getting the seal easier and that would be quite welcome.  The larger pads were pretty much the ONLY thing I preferred on the HD25s.
Hasn't been a problem for me.   Are they regularly exposed to high heat/humidity?
DT880 + Asgard = match made in heaven.  I only have the 250 ohm verison, though.  Sorry, no Lyr to make comparisons with, although when I asked Jason about it, he recommended the Asgard above the others for the DT880s.  
  The heat simply isn't an issue.  Yeah, it's a bit hot.  Unless you sit it in your lap while listening, it's not a problem.
No, sorry :/   I've paired them with my HUD-mx1 (excellent combo!) and my HRT MSII + Asgard (not so great).  Synergy seems to be important with the 1350s...