Posts by skyline315

Not an option for me, either. I've had to get in on tours and rely on the kindness of others.
 I'm struggling with the same question. Have you heard the 500s? I love them, personally.  My two complaints were that guitars sometimes lacked a little "bite" to them and that the bass was muddy at times. The 400i fixes both of those things.  The bass feels a little cleaner and there's a little more edge on the treble end of of the spectrum.   That said, subjectively, the 500's sound felt a little more enveloping to me.  I don't have enough listening time on the 400i yet...
Just got the HE-400i touring unit today.     So far, so good.  Coming from the DT880, these definitely have a warm(er) sound, but it's not overwhelming on the low end by any means.  If someone described them as neutral it wouldn't surprise me.  Wish I had the HE-500s here for a side-by-side.     I can see soundstage being the deal-breaker for people with this headphone.  It's on the compressed/intimate side of the spectrum.  I don't mind it so much, personally.  If I...
 Bad naming, but I sure love what I'm hearing about them. The HE500 was nearly my perfect headphone.  My two complaints were a slight lack of top-end sparkle, and a bass that was overwhelming and a tad fuzzy on certain tracks. Can't wait to get my 400i tour unit to hear it for myself.
I use this for vinyl rips:   http://www.project-audio.com/main.php?prod=phonoboxusbv   Audacity is good for the initial rip and use this guy's software for the cleanup:  http://www.clickrepair.net/
Joe, I didn't realize you had the 880s.  They sound pretty nice when fed with tubes...
I haven't seen anyone say this is closed, so just in case I can still get in on this:   1)  HRT Music Streamer II -->  Schiit Asgard 1 --> DT880   2)  I listen to a wide range of stuff, but I suppose Indie or Alternative Folk/Rock gets the majority of my listening time right now.  Dr. Dog, Spoon, Arcade Fire, Wilco, etc...   3)  I am interested because I love the HE-500s and was about to buy a pair when I heard these were going to be released.  I need to see which I...
Oh man.  Please don't bring that. When I get home after the meet, I'll never be able to listen to my Debut Carbon again :P
I'm not sure how long I'll be able to stay that day, but I plan to bring my laptop again.  Around 3,500 songs in .flac format played through foobar.  Music ranges from classic rock, to indie stuff, to folk, to classical, and even some choral music.   I've only got an Asgard 1, but I'm very curious to try the HE-400i on several different amps to see if they're as easy to drive as everyone says.  
It's hard to stroll down memory lane when I've never heard it in the first place!  No memories to stroll through :P