Posts by skyline315

No preference for instrument.   I'll just say that I prefer things that are haunting and somber or perhaps powerful as opposed to classical pieces that sound like deer frolicking in a field.   I recently attended the Nashville Symphonies performance of The Red Violin and enjoyed every second of it.
  I've really enjoyed it, but, admittedly, I haven't heard the other versions.
That is downright sexy.  Just sayin'.
Over a year later, yes.   I have since sold my 940s and moved on the the DT880s for home use and the DT1350s for use at work and on the road.     Nice to see this blast from the past resurrected, though.  
Orbiting, how often were you using your 1350s each day?  Just curious as I've had no problems whatsoever with mine.     I'm using mine about 1 - 1.5 hours every day at work and also use them on the weekend while mowing the yard.  Just wondering if you use yours a lot more than me or if you just got a shoddy pair for some reason.
When I was looking into buying the DT1350, I mentioned this to one of the head gurus at the USA branch of BD.  He claimed to have no knowledge of it and thanked me for the information.  Who knows.   I went ahead and bought a pair anyway and haven't regretted the purchase for a second.  So, I either got a good pair or my ears just suck.  Either way, I'm happy with 'em.   *shrug*
Very curious about the performance of this.  My mx-1 is currently in my secondary set up at work driving my DT1350s and I LOVE it.  I have no complaints about the original at all, except to say the low gain setting wasn't QUITE powerful enough to drive my DT880s (250 ohm).  I never bothered opening it up and changing the jumper setting.  
I'm in too, although my audio collection is rather limited (see sig).
  As a side note, I have also run my Project Debut Carbon turntable-->Pro-Ject Phono Preamp-->Asgard combo and have pretty much the exact same results as far as listening in the 10 o'clock region for normal listening.  I will say that I have to crank it up to around 12 for quiet classical music, but that's a rarity.
I believe the only difference in the units is the voltage for the connector on the back.  Does this really have an impact on volume?  If so, then that's interesting...learn something new every day.   Of course, our different headphones will also have an impact, but I wouldn't expect it to be anything quite that dramatic.   Are you sure this dealer is selling you an authorized Schiit product?