or Connect

Posts by skyline315

Why both?Unless you're going to have a primary and secondary rig...Otherwise, there's no need for anything beyond the Yggy.
 Relative to what? It improved it over my Vali 1, but I can't comment much beyond that.   Then again, I've always been fine with the soundstage on the 500s.  It's not overly expansive, but it feels realistic to me.
The best pairing I've found with the Ember and HE-500 is the 6N6P Russian Gold Grid.  I purchased mine straight from Jeremy.
 If you want the full app, you have to pay for it. Alpha or not. Without paying you get a 2-week trial.Alpha is just the newest version. It's still in testing so it hasn't been put out in the Play Store yet.
 Impact Audio Cables on Etsy.  $68 for the base HFM cable.
I prefer the 500 to all HE models except for 6 and 1k.  And, well, you know...unless you have $1-3,000+ lying around...
Ah, I never said the Uberfrost was better :P  This is the exact thing I'm grappling with, in fact. I had the Modi 2 Uber which worked wonderfully with the Ember.  I got the Bimby on loaner and instantly realized my days with the Modi were done.  More spacious and more refined.  Definitely a laid back and smooth sound which I enjoy, but it didn't sound dead, either.  Just enough energy and slam without sounding digital or fatiguing.  Very nice. BUT, the Bimby was way out of...
 Haha no worries.  I found my ideal tube (6N6P), so unsubscribed from the tube discussion thread.  And, then the discussion followed me here!   Anyway, to get back on track, I upgraded my DAC to the Bifrost Uber (from the Modi).  I also was able to audition the Bimby for a while.   I'm happy to say that the Ember and HE-500 combo made DAC changes quite transparent.  It's nice to know that the amp/headphone combo hasn't bottlenecked me yet.
Don't we have a tube discussion page for this, folks?  
 Modi/Vali 2.   You should be set for a good while.