Posts by skyline315

I can't compare them to the alpha pads, but I had no problem with the earpads on the Ether.  It was funny, because after taking them off I looked at the earpad and thought the opening looked pretty small.  But, while wearing them it never crossed my mind as being an issue. As for clamping force, I typically like a strong clamp and can't stand it when headphones feel loose on my head.  It's a major reason I prefer the DT1350 over the more popular T51p.   When wearing the...
I was lucky enough to spend some time with Dan at the Nashville meet today and listen to the Ether on some really top-notch gear.   I'm not going to go into great detail since 30-40 minutes of listening just isn't enough time, but I came away very impressed.  The sound is clear, detailed, and fast without ever sounding harsh or aggressive.  Comfort is top-notch and, while looks are subjective, I found them to be refined to a level that matches the price tag.   It seems...
Yeah, I was worried about you Jay, when you hadn't shown up. Hope all is well...
There's a pretty awesome record store here in Nashville (Grimey's) if you want to hit it up while you're in town.
I've taken pictures at our past meets, but I am MORE than happy to pass the torch onto you gentlemen.  It'll be nice to listen to music all day without anything else interfering 
 I'd definitely enjoy playing around with the fiio x1. From Louisville?  That means you have access to Skyline Chili whenever you want it.  That also means I am supremely jealous.   Gents, dinner in the downtown area on Friday night could be a bit iffy with the Predators playoff game going on.  Waiting for Theo to chime in...
 Sorry you can't make it. I spend a week in KC every summer.  It's a cool city.
 Thanks so much for the loaner! We're really looking forward to it.
Looking forward to hearing that. Last meet I finally got to hear the famous Senn 600/650, but I've still never heard any of the AKGs.  Time to cross something else off my list.
Dinner: Yes, I'll be there. BBQ won't offer reservations, but that's my pick anyway. I imagine we'll be able to get in at Peg Leg. My bigger concern is live music, which they sometimes have. Conversation would be difficult... T-shirt: Yes. Medium or Large depending on where you order from.