or Connect

Posts by skyline315

Don't sweat it. I don't care how good the HEKs are, they're overpriced.  I'd have more fun playing around with the 800s. I'd like to spend some serious time with the HE650 at this meet, especially if anyone has a recent version.  Rumor has it that the veil has been lifted in the more recent models.
Loser has to wear a Beats headphone t-shirt for a week.
September 26th seems fine to me.  No major cross country meets that weekend.     I swear I shall attend*.     *typed in my own blood
 I wouldn't be able to attend Chattanooga, but I'm only one and I won't have any new gear to share.  I plan to get the Project Ember II, but doubt I'll have it in my arsenal by then. My schedule in the fall is so insane, there's no way I'd be able to swing it.
 HD650.
MUCH better vocals and mids compared to the 400i.  This was the deciding factor for me.  The 400i has "shouty" vocals in relation to the 500.  The 500s sound far more natural. The bass on the 400i is tighter and more controlled.  But, the difference wasn't enough to sway me one way or the other on that one.  
Well deserved, Burnley.   My final (condensed) take on the Project Ember.  Also posted in the Ember thread:   Finally got a chance to audition the Ember, thanks to Thujone. First off, Jeremy over at garage amps is fantastic.  When the amp arrived at my house it had a damaged power switch (thanks USPS).  Jeremy sent me a pre-paid shipping label and had the thing back to me in under a week, fully fixed and ready to go. My chain has been Modi 2 U --> Vali --> HE-500. ...
Finally got a chance to audition the Ember, thanks to Thujone. First off, Jeremy over at garage amps is fantastic.  When the amp arrived at my house it had a damaged power switch (thanks USPS).  Jeremy sent me a pre-paid shipping label and had the thing back to me in under a week, fully fixed and ready to go. My chain has been Modi 2 U --> Vali --> HE-500.  With the Ember, the majority of my listening was done with the stock tube.  It reminded me of the Vali in that you...
-Mount Juliet, TN   -HE-500, DT1350   -PC-->Modi 2 U-->Vali, Samsung Galaxy Tab S, Samsung Galaxy S4   -n/a   -http://www.amazon.com/review/R3OJNKLF4TT2YF/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B004QMH8KI&channel=detail-glance&nodeID=11091801&store=musical-instruments   -I could help with that.  We have a headphone meetup in Nashville 2x/year.  http://www.head-fi.org/t/763461/music-city-meet-spring-2015-pics-impressions-thread
 Yep, the step-by-step guide is still floating around out there.   I have a pair, and they are awesome.