Posts by skyline315

Ha!  Great question.  None of the amps that I've owned. Perhaps I should have worded things more carefully.  I've heard people complain about the bass on the Vali.  Those complaints may be founded, but it wasn't an issue for me personally.
 Nope, I haven't heard the 1000s.  They may be great, but at twice the price? I can't fathom it...
Bass presence improved when I went from the HRT MSII to the Modi 2 Uber. The Vali isn't known for really slamming bass, but I didn't find it lacking. No glare in the upper end for me.
 Sure, and maybe you can bring some headphone stands to purchase.  I've been wanting to buy one for months, but the expected arrival date on your site keeps getting pushed back.  Help me give you my money!  
Yep. That said, I also enjoyed the Ether more than the 560. They are only meet impressions, so it is what it is.
 Synergy is awesome.  If you're sticking with the 400i, then the Vali is all the amp you need.
 We're getting a strong enough group of local guys, that a few small mini-meets at homes may be in order...
   They're different animals for sure. The Senns are darker, in comparison, but there's a reason they are so wildly popular.    I wouldn't feel comfortable pushing you in one way or the other since it's such a subjective thing.  Search the site and you'll find plenty of threads comparing the two in great detail. As for amps, how much are you wanting to spend?  I'm always quick to recommend Schiit gear.  Something as cheap as the Vali would probably be a great pairing with...
Ah, my biggest regret is not snagging the Ethers to listen to on my own humble setup.  But, with Dan's assortment of amps, it was hard not to have fun listening to those gems.     As I said in the Ether impressions thread, I think it's the real deal.  Very clear and detailed sound without being harsh or aggressive.  It's a headphone I could relax to without having to sacrifice detail in the process.  I was especially impressed with how it handled classical music.  I wish...
 I can confirm no noise on the 500s. There is a good deal background hiss with the DT1350, however.  It's not really noticeable while music is playing, which is a plus, but I very rarely use the 1350s with this amp.