or Connect

Posts by skyline315

You're right...the Valhalla 2 is not by any means your traditional warm tube amp.  Within the world of tube amps, it leans towards a more lean and clinical presentation.  In my opinion, the HD600 and HD650 both benefit from this.  The 650 especially. Though, again, I'm not tossing the Ember under the bus here.  It does just fine with the HD lineup.  
 I think so, but I haven't heard either of them.  I try to keep my recommendations limited to things I've owned/heard extensively.  
The Valhalla is an OTL tube amp and is designed specifically with high impedance phones like the HD6X0 in mind.  But, if you decide to branch out in the future, especially into planars, then the Ember is a better option.  
Don't dismiss the Ember.  The HD600 sounds fantastic with it when paired with a 6N6P tube. Honestly, though, if you feel you're going to be using the 600 for a long time, I'd recommend the Valhalla 2.  If you think your headphone stable might fluctuate a bit, then the Ember gives you better versatility.  
Yep. I tossed all my other tubes into a drawer and haven't touched them since.
 I don't think there's better value than the Bifrost 4490, which you already have.  Be content and enjoy the tunes.
 The HE500 and DT1350 have been my only two for a couple of years now.  Selling the 1350s this week to replace with the MEE Pinnacle P1.  Time to figure out what this IEM thing is all about.
 Yep, the thing is TINY and very easy to hide.  They provide two usb connectors that are both very short and intended to keep the Regen tucked in behind the DAC.  
The effects of daisy-chaining them is questionable.  Some claim improvement.  Some claim that it makes things worse.  Some claim it does nothing at all. I'd recommend you skip the Wyrd and pick up a used Regen on the forums.  Just make sure it's the "Amber" version.
 The Uptone Regen makes a difference on this front when paired with the 4490.